Target iPad 2

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
So, target has a 90 day return policy compared to everyone else's 14 day return policy. However target makes you pay a 15% restocking fee.

3 months compared to 14 days is a huge difference..

I guess my question is, is the extra time worth the 15% which is quite a large chunk of change.
I feel as though the first 14 days the iPad will have it's cool effect but in 3 months I might realize I don't need it.. Thoughts?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So, target has a 90 day return policy compared to everyone else's 14 day return policy. However target makes you pay a 15% restocking fee.

3 months compared to 14 days is a huge difference..

I guess my question is, is the extra time worth the 15% which is quite a large chunk of change.
I feel as though the first 14 days the iPad will have it's cool effect but in 3 months I might realize I don't need it.. Thoughts?
I'd buy it from somewhere without a restocking fee, even if it was less time. You should have a pretty good idea if it fits in your computing lifestyle or not.

Sep 6, 2010
Target does not have a restocking fee for iPads. I returned my first iPad to Target after using it for 89 days and they did not charge a restocking fee. I got a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Target does not have a restocking fee for iPads. I returned my first iPad to Target after using it for 89 days and they did not charge a restocking fee. I got a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app
Oh awesome, thanks for the info!

Lew Au

Jun 27, 2011
TARGET WILL NOT take back iPad2s that have been opened. At least not in Wisco. My 15 year old son has buyer's remorse after spending most of his lawn mowing money on a new iPad2. He has tried to return his iPad2 after 7 days. It is pristine and in its original box. They will definitely not take it back even though he has the receipt. He has tried (5) Targets. They are clinging to "unopened" on their return policy although they do not directly categorize or mention the iPad by product name. It seems they take other devices like phones and cameras back, but not the iPad. We are so used to BestBuy (that DOES take an opened and powered on iPad back) that their strictness has been a surprise and disappointment. Lest someone feels the need to provide something insightful like "what part of unopened didn't your son understand"... it seems that Target is uniquely stingy on the iPad. We can always go the eBay or Craigslist route, but it would be easier to find a way to return it...

Has anyone else really been able to return an iPad2 to Target in the last few months that has been opened, powered and synched to iTunes? Is this a change in policy?

Any constructive strategies are welcome!

Thanks for your assistance.

Lew Au

Jun 27, 2011
Thank you VERY much for taking the time to upload your receipt. I will try a few different locations armed with your photo! I'll post my success or failure

I offered $300 bucks to my son, but he didn't go for it... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

fboyles

Jun 17, 2010
I feel it's one of those devices that you don't "need" especially if you have any iPhone 4 because your iPhone covers most of what it can do. but it's a lot of fun and if you have the money to own both go for it! I don't use mine as much as I thought I would but on my last vacation I used it a ton! I don't have any regrets buying one. I'm soo glad that I didn't jump on the gen 1 and waited for the iPad2.

hizzaah

Sep 7, 2011
would some please re-upload their target return receipt? I'm going to be returning my 30 day old ipad 2 to target to pay the remaining balance on my college tuition lol. I don't want them to hassle me. I also bought a leather belkin case, an Apple hdmi adapter dongle, and a zagg invisible shield. i don't have the packaging for any of these items (except of course the ipad) but they're all on the same receipt. do you think target would take back any of these items?

or, could i request a replacement zagg invisible shield (from zagg since it has a lifetime warranty) then simple return the replacement on to target? or will it have a different barcode..

sorry for bumping an old thread, just figured it would be easier than creating a new one!

thanks