Tasks available with June Firmware 2.0?

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Since Apple is tackling the enterprise businesss model by providing Exchange support and event support in the new Firmware 2.0, will there be an application available that allows you to log tasks?

I miss the Windows Mobile Task Manager. I could envision an application for the task manager for the iPhone; an icon with a check mark and the current number of tasks being displayed in the typical circular red notifier that are used in email and such.

Anyone know if this is coming with the firmware update this summer?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Nothing was said about this at the SDK launch, and I haven't seen anything mentioned amongst all the sneak peek videos and articles on the new firmware. But ... that new firmware is still just a beta and this is such an obvious one that hopefully they're thinking on it. Otherwise, I'm sure some slick 3rd party apps will answer the call ...

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Since Apple is tackling the enterprise businesss model by providing Exchange support and event support in the new Firmware 2.0, will there be an application available that allows you to log tasks?

I miss the Windows Mobile Task Manager. I could envision an application for the task manager for the iPhone; an icon with a check mark and the current number of tasks being displayed in the typical circular red notifier that are used in email and such.

Anyone know if this is coming with the firmware update this summer?
something like this? lower right hand corner.........i have no task so there is not notifier present, but it looks just like the mail icons....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
something like this? lower right hand corner.........i have no task so there is not notifier present, but it looks just like the mail icons....
Exactly what I was talking about! But for us non Jail-broken folks, I wonder if it'll either be included natively with the new firmware, or hopefully the same app will be available in their new app store.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
i have no clue if it will be included with the new firmware, possible to nickel and dime us iPhone users well have to buy it, thats why i wont update until 2.0 is jailbroken............don't know why you would stay locked, compared to jailbroken iPhones, locked ones are so....for lack of a better word.....crippled.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I imagine the cream of the crop apps in each category will somehow make it to the "legit" June appstore release.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i thought i saw something like this mentioned in Engadget's hands-on with software 2.0/1.2...

EDIT: nevermind, there wasn't... i'm sure there will be something with the SDK, though.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
hey man, i'm loving that theme. Care sharing?

And i'm a bit confused how this picture shows what your talking about...the red 1 over mail?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
And i'm a bit confused how this picture shows what your talking about...the red 1 over mail?
His screenshot shows the ToDoList2 application and the comment about the mail indicator is a reference to how open tasks would be represented on the ToDoList2 icon if he had any open tasks.

I could envision an application for the task manager for the iPhone; an icon with a check mark and the current number of tasks being displayed in the typical circular red notifier that are used in email and such.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
His screenshot shows the ToDoList2 application and the comment about the mail indicator is a reference to how open tasks would be represented on the ToDoList2 icon if he had any open tasks.
oh got it, i had thought the OP had been talking about running programs, not things you had "todo", so i was confused. Yeah ToDoList2 works great...i hope they have something like this on 2.0 (1.2) whatever it is.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There is currently not ToDo list in the 1.2 firmware. If Apple doesn't provide it I can guarantee there will be third party apps. As a matter of fact I've already seen a couple people working on the ToDo list with the SDK beta.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
hey man, i'm loving that theme. Care sharing?

Louie Mantia - Aqua, plus some custom icons