Tasks/Things To Do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I was messing with the iPhone today in the Apple store. I didn't see the "Tasks" or "Things To Do" options in iCal. So I asked the guy there who wasn't very knowledgeable if the iPhone would sync the tasks from iCal to the iPhone. He said "not that I know of"...

Is this true? Won't iPhone show your Things To Do list or Tasks -- whatever you want to call it?

Who knows what's up?

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
The guy in the Apple store is right, for now there is no way to sync the ToDos from iCal or Mail to your iPhone/iPod. The "app" listed above is simply a web application, you have to have access to the internet to run the app. It is not a native app that will be on the device. Check the online app store, there are several to do apps on there, some are free.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
The guy in the Apple store is right, for now there is no way to sync the ToDos from iCal or Mail to your iPhone/iPod. The "app" listed above is simply a web application, you have to have access to the internet to run the app. It is not a native app that will be on the device. Check the online app store, there are several to do apps on there, some are free.
Heh...this thread is about a year old. Lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and a lot more options are available too! :D

dfaworks

Nov 1, 2009
If you want to fully sync your tasks between your mac, PC, and iPhone using the same open standard (CalDAV) that iCal (mac) and Mozilla Sunbird (PC) use, then check out eTask on the app store.

eTask allows you to view, edit, create, delete, and sync your Tasks on several popular Groupware (e-mail) servers. Currently these include: Kerio Mail Server (KMS), DAViCal, Oracle Beehive, Cosmo Chandler, Yahoo, and SOGo (for primary calendar folders only).

If you don’t have a Groupware server you can create a free account on Yahoo (see the web-site FAW page for details). Once setup you can use the web-interface, iCal/mail (mac), Thunderbird/Lightning or Sunbird from Mozilla.org (PC) to view and modify your tasks. Modifications to your tasks are automatically synchronized between all clients so you never have to take extra sync steps through iTunes or other special software.

URL: http://sites.google.com/site/dfaworks/etask