Telephone call sound..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iPhoneFan10, Oct 5, 2015.

1. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

Greetings,

The wife and I splurged on two new Apple Watches (42mm & 38mm), this past Friday. So far, we like everything except for the phone app. The sound is way too low to hear well. We have adjusted the sound to full blast on the iPhone app, and in the watch settings.

The Apple video on this particular feature makes it sound like the sound from the iPhone speaker (which is much easier to hear). The watch sound is not very good, even if they advertise it as very good.

Does anyone else have this problem on their Apple watches? This was one of the features we were excited about using but you literally have to have the watch up to your ear to hear the person calling, and even then, it's not very clear.

Any suggestions?

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I've ever depended on hearing the watch except for my wake up alarm. The taptic feedback is what gets my attention when I have it on my wrist because the sound is not loud enough. Mute is always on now.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you ever tested phone calls on it? How was the volume and clarity?

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Make sure you set in notifications to NOT MIRROR the Phone. Choose Custom and turn all the options up.

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I have used it for phone calls and it seems a bit louder but I hold the watch near my face when talking so that may be why it sounds louder but the ringtone isn't loud enough in a noisy environment.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

Thanks. I did what you said and, while not perfect, it may be a little better.

7. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

The watch is not all that loud. In a quiet room at home, not so bad. But outside or in a car I do find I need to hold it closer to hear it well. You must remember that it has a much smaller speaker than your cell phone.
    And as for advertising videos, "caveat emptor" I think is the phrase.

8. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

There is something about it being set to mirror phone. I could barely feel it pulse and not loud. I set to custom and turn Haptic all the way up. Now I always know if there is a call. I actually talked to my Mom while mowing a few weeks ago. I would have missed the call without the Watch.