Telephone ring sound more high pitched?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I use the old time phone ring. My 3GS seems to have a bit higher pitched ringing sound.

Anyone else experience this?

JimMayor007

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I have read about a 'teen buzz' some U.K. and U.S. students are downloading a cell phone ring tone that is too high-pitched for most adults to hear--giving them yet another way to pass notes or other information surreptitiously in class.
Known as "Teen Buzz," the ring tone is spread from phone to phone via text messaging and Bluetooth technology.

It's based on the idea that teenagers have better hearing than adults :)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I use the old time phone ring. My 3GS seems to have a bit higher pitched ringing sound.

Anyone else experience this?
May be an effect of the volume being louder on the 3GS. I don't quite know how to explain this, but the louder something is, the ever-so-slightly-higher the pitch gets. Best way I know to reproduce the effect is a good set of headphones. Listen to your favorite song at the lowest volume where you hear it, then crank it up and play it over.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Fame - wrong subject

Fury - I will check it out. I don't listen to much music on my phone, ipod nano in my glove box has that for car driving. The sound just seems higher pitch on the ring. Will have to play and compare to my wifes 3G