Tell me if my screen is defective please...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
So according to this article the iPhone screens seem to have a problem.

I definetely experience the same "washed out" black when watching nearly any movie just because most movies contain a lot of black areas. A comment was posted that if you go to this site on your iPhone, a normal phone should display "00" as the darkest but mine shows "10" as the darkest and by "00" much brighter with the washed out look. I was wondering if you guys could check this site from your own phone and tell me which box is darker for you. My phone was purchased almost 2 months ago so if I take it to the Apple store will they replace it?

I've always noticed this problem but I thought that that's just the way the phones were and there was nothing I could do about it. Feedback is great thanks. I have the 7 screen btw.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
So according to this article the iPhone screens seem to have a problem.

I definetely experience the same "washed out" black when watching nearly any movie just because most movies contain a lot of black areas. A comment was posted that if you go to this site on your iPhone, a normal phone should display "00" as the darkest but mine shows "10" as the darkest and by "00" much brighter with the washed out look. I was wondering if you guys could check this site from your own phone and tell me which box is darker for you. My phone was purchased almost 2 months ago so if I take it to the Apple store will they replace it?

I've always noticed this problem but I thought that that's just the way the phones were and there was nothing I could do about it. Feedback is great thanks. I have the 7 screen btw.

i have a series 7 phone and went to the site you referenced and my blacks look fine, however i did notice the f0 and ff whites were so close together that they look identical. according to the site, you should be able to tell the difference on the screen if there is no "clipping" of the whites. If i'm zoomed out i can tell a slight difference but once i'm zoomed in i can't distinguish between the two.

by the way i normally have my brightness down to 1/3. I tried the site with my brightness turned up as well and no problems.

hope this helped

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Yes I think they suggest you look at the site with your brightness up all the way so it looks like I have a problem. hopefully they will replace my iPhone no problem. Just have to delete all my apps hehehe.

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Thank god this isssue came up with other people. I noticed this a month ago and went into Apple and they laughed at me and sent me away saying unless Apple admits there is a problem im out of luck. i can hardly watch movies because anything black in the fram is washed out and i cant see what it is. Did Apple admit the problem for iPhones too or just ipod touch?

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Thank god this isssue came up with other people. I noticed this a month ago and went into Apple and they laughed at me and sent me away saying unless Apple admits there is a problem im out of luck. i can hardly watch movies because anything black in the fram is washed out and i cant see what it is. Did Apple admit the problem for iPhones too or just ipod touch?
Wow that's discouraging because I was planning on driving up to Apple tonight. It takes 30 or 40 minutes to get there and if they are just going to turn me away then what's the point?

My phone is 2 months old I didn't know Apples policy. Will they just replace a phone on the spot without a Genius Appointment or anything? I was going to show them the website and then ask one of them to compare it with their phone since you can clearly see a difference in the color bars. I mean if you prove that there is a difference I would think they would help you out.

So once again is just driving up there with out calling or anything worth my time? I don't want to have to send my phone to the repair center. I hate repair centers. (360 is already in one.)

ehaser

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
How can I tell which screen I have?

I bought a refurbished phone and was wondering how I can find out..