tell people yes buy an iPhone or no

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
what do you tell people when they see you with the iPhone and say i'm thinking of getting one ?

i tell them don't. and go on telling them why

1-forget sending text pictures

2-forget copy and paste

3-forget sending happy new years to all your friends at the same time

i can keep going but you get the point but most of all i tell them what the phone dose good don't make up for what it can't do for $400

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I tell them to get it. But I do however make sure that I tell them what the iPhone is missing feature wise. Don't want them coming back and saying "Why didn't you tell me?" :mad:

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
I tell them to get it. But I do however make sure that I tell them what the iPhone is missing feature wise. Don't want them coming back and saying "Why didn't you tell me?" :mad:

same here i don't want the ''why didn't you tell me ''
i'm not a iPhone hater i have 4 of them and 2 of them i just got last week

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
forget

what do you tell people when they see you with the iPhone and say i'm thinking of getting one ?

i tell them don't. and go on telling them why

1-forget sending text pictures

2-forget copy and paste

3-forget sending happy new years to all your friends at the same time

i can keep going but you get the point but most of all i tell them what the phone dose good don't make up for what it can't do for $400

forget OWNING the (crappy) product you paid for. Cannot sell my own property because ATT won't activate a previsouly owned iPhone. This so infuriated me that I went back to Sprint and the Centro, a far better device anyway. This is SLEAZE.

inyo

Oct 31, 2007
i say no , if u have a family plan bcause all your other lines can't share family text and media plans because of the iPhone

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
forget OWNING the (crappy) product you paid for. Cannot sell my own property because ATT won't activate a previsouly owned iPhone. This so infuriated me that I went back to Sprint and the Centro, a far better device anyway. This is SLEAZE.
Huh? There are hoards of people on ebay selling phones that have been only slightly used, in addition to sealed versions. I have never heard of something like this. Who told you this? I'm not saying I know for sure but this sounds very shady to me.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Huh? There are hoards of people on ebay selling phones that have been only slightly used, in addition to sealed versions. I have never heard of something like this. Who told you this? I'm not saying I know for sure but this sounds very shady to me.
don't try and make any sense of this thread... none of the answers seem to make any sense

-_-

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I tell them absolutely get one if you can afford it. Then I go on to tell them all the times that the iPhone has saved me with finding directions, getting emails on the road, looking up things and just yesterday I looked online and found a memory card I needed for my laptop on sale. I went to the store to buy it and the store told me that it was for internet purchases only at the sale price. I walked away, pulled out my iPhone, brought up Safari, went online payed for the item with my credit card and selected for in-store pickup. Once the transaction was finished I went to the customer service counter and got my memory at the "internet" price. Saved almost $45.
So I would tell anyone that wants one to go get one.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I tell them absolutely get one if you can afford it. Then I go on to tell them all the times that the iPhone has saved me with finding directions, getting emails on the road, looking up things and just yesterday I looked online and found a memory card I needed for my laptop on sale. I went to the store to buy it and the store told me that it was for internet purchases only at the sale price. I walked away, pulled out my iPhone, brought up Safari, went online payed for the item with my credit card and selected for in-store pickup. Once the transaction was finished I went to the customer service counter and got my memory at the "internet" price. Saved almost $45.
Sweet! Now that's smart shopping!

zeluiz22, as far as AT&T not activating previously owned iPhones... that's just not true. I have a friend in NYC that works at a bar where an iPhone owner accidentally left his iPhone. He spent 3 weeks trying to find the owner, and when he did finally contact him, the guy (apparently loaded and living in LA) told him to go ahead and keep it, as he already got a new one. My friend was already at the AT&T Store (they are the ones that help track the guys down), and they started a new plan for him right then and there. He went home and activated it and loves it.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I went back to Sprint and the Centro, a far better device anyway.
OMG, you can not possibly think a Palm Centro is better than an iPhone!

Perhaps it has the features that you specifically want, but overall, the iPhone wins hands down!

Palm is a sinking ship! Good luck staying afloat!

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
HA! That's priceless!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I tell them yes, because unlike others, I researched the iPhone before I bought to make sure that I would like it. And guess what? I do.

So all you haters, don't just spend some mula for the heck of it next time. Look into what you're buying.

- John

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I tell them yes, because unlike others, I researched the iPhone before I bought to make sure that I would like it. And guess what? I do.

So all you haters, don't just spend some mula for the heck of it next time. Look into what you're buying.

- John
I'm not a hater and I did research the iPhone before buying on iday. I'm just very disappointed that the software doesn't live up to the hardware capabilities. The iPhone hardware has a lot more capabilities than what is being utilized.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not a hater and I did research the iPhone before buying on iday. I'm just very disappointed that the software doesn't live up to the hardware capabilities. The iPhone hardware has a lot more capabilitie than what is being utilized.
You are exactly correct, the hardware has a lot more capability. Lets see what the development kit brings about. I suspect we are going to see some really amazing software for the iPhone in the semi-near future.