Tell Steve Jobs: Unlock the iPhone!

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
It's not against the Law to unlock your phone (you own the phone). At&t will unlock if you have a reason that is valid. By next week we will be hacking the phone and have several websites and software that will unlock it. I still don't think rumors about a different sim card is real.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
It's not against the Law to unlock your phone (you own the phone). At&t will unlock if you have a reason that is valid. By next week we will be hacking the phone and have several websites and software that will unlock it. I still don't think rumors about a different sim card is real.
I have a feeling the future holds a great deal of disappointment for you.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
You have no clue about what you are talking about....the federal law states the it is legal for consumers to unlock their phones, BUT manufacturers are in NO WAY required to provide a means to do so.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The only argument I see against it being locked to At&t is for the people that would like to use it, but don't have At&t service. It would be great if they could configure the iPHone so that it would have to work on At&t where available, but could work on another carrier if At&T weren't in that area.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
The only argument I see against it being locked to At&t is for the people that would like to use it, but don't have At&t service. It would be great if they could configure the iPHone so that it would have to work on At&t where available, but could work on another carrier if At&T weren't in that area.

Yes that is a utopian society scenario, in the real world businessses (in this case strategic alliances) exist to maximize shareholders' profits...as bad as I feel for people in the middle of central america who have no ATT reception, I would be appalled if Apple and ATT decided to unlock the phone any time soon.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Republicans? Please. Apple is as organic as you can get, next to Google. But as a centrist independent myself, I don't discriminate...I detest conservatives and liberals equally. :D