Tempered Glass Screen Protector and Force Touch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
When I got my iPhone 6 I installed a tempered glass screen protector figuring the larger screen would be more prone to cracks from impacts. It worked flawlessly and I slept better knowing I had an added level of impact protection.

Anybody using tempered a glass protector on the new 6s/6s Plus? Does it interfere with Force Touch at all?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I had a Zagg tempered glass privacy screen installed on my 6s+ at Best Buy.

I too thought a Tempered glass screen protector was necessary with the super large screen of my 6+, so I had the same thing installed on that phone as well. I never had a problem with the 6+ and this screen has not been a problem with the 6s+. It works flawlessly and I love the privacy as I commute and someone is always looking at my ginormous screen and now they can't see a thing. (y)

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
The lads at my local Verizon store slapped one on for me yesterday and I have had no issues whatsoever with it. Mine is clear and it looks so much better than the textured standard type I got at the Apple Store when I bought the phone. IMHO, especially with a large screen, the tempered glass is the way to go.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I'm not even going to use one this time. The screens are stronger and improved. It should be fine.
Brave man @Ledsteplin
I'm used to the size of my 6s+ now after being trained using the 6+ for a year but I will not let it go Full Monty ever. I need some type of protection on it:unsure:. I just don't want my screen get cracked up. I know there's insurance and yada yada but if I can prevent any incident from damaging my 6s+ by way of a slim case and a Tempered Glass screen protector, I will do it.

I'm not as brave as you my man. At home it's dressed also. Sometimes I let it go Full Monty, but never outside.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I just worry about the physics of the larger screen and my innate ability to do something tragically stupid. I've always been fine without glass, using a basic friction protector, but the slightest imperfection on my screen makes me nuts. Loving the peace of mind of the tempered glass!

Mrbjr

Sep 19, 2015
I have a Bodyguardz tempered glass on my wife's 6 and notice that it does not smudge nearly as bad as my naked 6s..Anybody else see this??.. I will probably put one on mine just for this reason alone..

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Brave man @Ledsteplin
I'm used to the size of my 6s+ now after being trained using the 6+ for a year but I will not let it go Full Monty ever. I need some type of protection on it:unsure:. I just don't want my screen get cracked up. I know there's insurance and yada yada but if I can prevent any incident from damaging my 6s+ by way of a slim case and a Tempered Glass screen protector, I will do it.

I'm not as brave as you my man. At home it's dressed also. Sometimes I let it go Full Monty, but never outside.
If I were young and active, I might get a protective screen. I'm at home 99% of the time. Besides, my biggest fear is a shattered screen from a drop. I don't worry about scratches and scuffs. Do they help protect from drop damage? Maybe some. I've seen it both ways. If it's dropped on concrete, I would want a protective case more than anything.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I use tempered zagg on my 6+ and believe it repels fingerprints/smudges better than it's birthday suit. Like Sharunda I rarely let my phone run around commando unless it is home while I polish it up. Then it is tucked back in it's tech21.

Jun 21, 2015
I have a Bodyguardz tempered glass on my wife's 6 and notice that it does not smudge nearly as bad as my naked 6s..Anybody else see this??.. I will probably put one on mine just for this reason alone..
Exact same with my SecondSkin One. My finger glides over the screen much better than when it's naked, too. Must be a different sort of glass I'm assuming?