temporary email solution

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Many have had the problem of not being able to send emails from their iPhones . I have a "fix" which I just started using. It is by no means grow d breaking just common sense I seemed to have lost.

Just send the email from safari. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier when my mail application didn't work. The emails send fine from the we just not from my phone so those will be the way I send email until Apple provides a fix. The down side however is that you cannot send photos.
Well I hopethis helps all those who lost their common sense as I did while playing with this wonderful device

Zachary Vex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Minneapolis
When I first set up my iPhone I didn't have the email client configured and I tried to send an email using gmail, but Safari wouldn't let me put my cursor into the body window, so all i could send was a blank email. Weird. It's like the gmail body window isn't a typical text window and wasn't recognized by Safari on the iPhone, or else it was purposefully crippled to keep you from using it on iPhone for some reason.