Tempted by Samsung Galaxy S6

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iWill87

Mar 16, 2015
Samsung has just announced the Galaxy S6. Is anyone else tempted by the Galaxy S6?

Last edited by a moderator:

iWill87

Mar 16, 2015
I know I just came back to iPhone from a m8 which I went to from a 6+. Shockingly though I have came back to a 5s.

But the s6 does look very tempting

iWill87

Mar 16, 2015
I came back to te 5s through choice chose that Over the 6 again as I do love the size. Tempted in the way that I feel you can do more and the specs seem very good I used to love downloading films and full albums to my android and watching live streams on sopcast. But other than that I love the iPhone wish it had a as slot for more memory aswell

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I came back to te 5s through choice chose that Over the 6 again as I do love the size. Tempted in the way that I feel you can do more and the specs seem very good I used to love downloading films and full albums to my android and watching live streams on sopcast. But other than that I love the iPhone wish it had a as slot for more memory aswell
I have had android phone for a couple of years and what I hate is it lags quite often... Which is not at all with IOS.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Heck, I ordered an LG G3 for my sister in law, and played with it a bit. I thought it was great. Really nice looking screen and what not. I think it's better than the S6. But I wouldn't trade my iPhone for either one. After iOS 9 is updated, it will "just work" again.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Strange but for me it is purely about the OS. I'm way to deep in the apple Eco system to consider any other options.
your username is "liberated" but yet you use an iphone. i think "incarcerated" would be a better nick. but that's just my opinion
Heck, I ordered an LG G3 for my sister in law, and played with it a bit. I thought it was great. Really nice looking screen and what not. I think it's better than the S6. But I wouldn't trade my iPhone for either one. After iOS 9 is updated, it will "just work" again.
"just works" has a different meaning based on what you want your phone to do. as for me the iphone has never really "just worked" but then again i use my phone for many things that the iphone just can't do. so i will take take the laggy os over a smoother one just as long as it gets the job done. because in the end it doesn't matter how smooth it is if it can't do what i need it to do. JMO

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
your username is "liberated" but yet you use an iphone. i think "incarcerated" would be a better nick. but that's just my opinion

"just works" has a different meaning based on what you want your phone to do. as for me the iphone has never really "just worked" but then again i use my phone for many things that the iphone just can't do. so i will take take the laggy os over a smoother one just as long as it gets the job done. because in the end it doesn't matter how smooth it is if it can't do what i need it to do. JMO
1. He jailbreaks. He's not "incarcerated."

2. Too each his own. The iPhone does everything I need it to and it's smooth.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

Actually it does "just work" for me. A lot better now since I restored as new. IOS 8 had a few bugs. iOS 9 is bringing the RAID! And all will "just work" again.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
The Galaxy S6 hardware itself is interesting, but I've used Android before and IMHO it doesn't compare to iOS. I've also read some troubling things about the early batches of the S6. Between the os and the price the S6 is a non-starter for me.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
But other than that I love the iPhone wish it had a as slot for more memory aswell
The S6 won't have expandable storage slot either or removable battery. It also loses the water and dust resistance the S5 has. The only Samsung product I would even consider now is the Note 4.