TERRIBLE Bluetooth signal quality

artherd

Oct 18, 2007
Both when paired with my BMW and with my Motorola H-700 headset;
I get horrible signal quality over bluetooth (and over AT&T network for that matter, but that's another story.) I believe the BT is the culprit because I get the static and drop-outs when ringing calls as well as when connected.

When I so much as put my phone in my pants pocket, all of 2 feet from headset, I will miss half the words in a discussion! Unacceptable!

What can be done? Do I have a dud?

Phone is an 8GB (less than a week old) with v1.1.1

djentee

Sep 17, 2007
I feel your pain. I have the iPhone Bluetooth Headset and it's the same poor sound quality. By far it's the worst bluetooth phone I have.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
it's not the headset so much as the BT on the iPhone. I have the WEP410 and the iPhone BT and both initially had static. The WEP had much more that the iPhone BT, but it is a little shorter...
At anyrate, my static problems with the iPhone BT have pretty much gone away. Not sure if it was the update to 1.1.1 or if it's just something that worked itself out.
My only suggestion is to pair and leave them connected for a day and then try again, and see if it gets better.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Both when paired with my BMW and with my Motorola H-700 headset;
I get horrible signal quality over bluetooth (and over AT&T network for that matter, but that's another story.) I believe the BT is the culprit because I get the static and drop-outs when ringing calls as well as when connected.

When I so much as put my phone in my pants pocket, all of 2 feet from headset, I will miss half the words in a discussion! Unacceptable!

What can be done? Do I have a dud?

Phone is an 8GB (less than a week old) with v1.1.1
i don't get that kind of bluetooth performance at all. it's pretty clear when connected to my bmw, and pretty good with headsets. i did a review of a bluetooth headset on my site and included some sound recordings of calls made. one of them is me walking 30 feet away from the phone (line of sight) and it only got really bad when i was pretty far away. something could be wrong with your bluetooth...