Testy WiFi Issues. Need some advice...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I have no problems connecting to ANY WiFi except my own in my house. I am constantly having to use my neighbors signal to get online (he is my buddy and knows that I use it). Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I cannot connect to my own? I can select the network just fine but my edge signal (top left) will never change to wifi icon when using my home network. It is VERY annoying to not be able to use my 10Mbps! Help please! :)

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I was always getting blasted out by my neighbors' wifis until I bought a new .n to replace my old .g router.

I don't know the specifics of your issue, but it sounds a lot like a signal strength issue.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It might have something to do with your wifi network's name. I once had the stock wifi network name on my wifi (Linksys) and installed the same type at my mom's place in Florida (named Linksys by default). When I came back to my house, my iPhone wouldn't switch to my network. Once I renamed my wifi to Andy's Wifi the iPhone recognized it right away and I've never had another problem since.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have no problems connecting to ANY WiFi except my own in my house. I am constantly having to use my neighbors signal to get online (he is my buddy and knows that I use it). Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I cannot connect to my own? I can select the network just fine but my edge signal (top left) will never change to wifi icon when using my home network. It is VERY annoying to not be able to use my 10Mbps! Help please! :)

I do not know the specifics of your router. Are you using it for other things. Be sure to change the SSID to a new name with a new passPhrase. Also make sure the broadcast is turned on, it may be turned off, thus you will not see it.