Tethering problems, please help I'm stuck in the woods!

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
I followed the directions that were posted here and hit a dead end when I typed ./jailbreak which I corrected. I think this may be my problems though. When I took the jailbreak file (which was executable) out of the phonedmg folder and put the one from the tether-osx in there (not executable) it would say permision denied. I put the original back in and when I typed in./jailbreakbit worked. I followed all directions after that and everything went smooth.

I set up the socks server on my MacBook pro and thats as far as I have gotten. I have no idea what to do now, I'm not online with my laptop and don't know how to connect the two or if the whole jail break file thing was a no no.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am camping in the middle of no whee and using the iPhone for net is killing me!

Thanks guys!

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I followed the directions that were posted here and hit a dead end when I typed ./jailbreak which I corrected. I think this may be my problems though. When I took the jailbreak file (which was executable) out of the phonedmg folder and put the one from the tether-osx in there (not executable) it would say permision denied. I put the original back in and when I typed in./jailbreakbit worked. I followed all directions after that and everything went smooth.

I set up the socks server on my MacBook pro and thats as far as I have gotten. I have no idea what to do now, I'm not online with my laptop and don't know how to connect the two or if the whole jail break file thing was a no no.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am camping in the middle of no whee and using the iPhone for net is killing me!

Thanks guys!
You need to chmod +x the other jailbreak

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
I did the chmod u+k* as per the directions. Where do I do the chmod x?

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
When I type in chmod u+k* I get this:

Usage: chmod [-fv] [-r [-h | -p]] [-a|+a|=a [# [n]]] mode|entry file...

This is wrong I assume?

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
Is there anyone out there to give me a hand? I got everything straightened out with the files I wasn't putting a space between the x and the * but now when jailbreak runs and I hold down both buttons until it says hook to iTunes, the phone won't reboot. Then the terminal gives me this message: "sorry apparently things didn't work out. Look on the bright side, if jail was good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance."

I have ran it multiple times, but still can't get it to boot after running jailbreak.

Any ideas?