Text alert notification issue

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by reginaalear, Oct 7, 2015.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Please let me know if this isn't the correct place to post this. I have the iPhone 6 Plus and haven't had it very long. Maybe 45 days. My text alerts don't always notify me when I have a text message. Has anyone else had this issue or know what I can try to fix it? I've checked my settings and they are fine. I've also restarted my phone and it still happens. It seems to be random. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Do check the other threads about 'notification sounds' issues after updating to iOS 9 ... Lots of issues , scatter of apps affected

3. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

You're very welcome - I find this trend of having to do 'repairs to the revisions to the improvements' each and every time an update takes place to be disconcerting. Does it take 6 months ( half way ) to the next major update, to sort of the collateral damage done with the last one ?

5. Anna Yu

Anna Yu New Member

I have this problem with my iPhone 6 Plus too. It also plagued me on and off with my 4S.

Sometimes I will receive alert tones, other times I won't. I'm sitting here tonight texting back and forth with my friends. The phone is right next to me, the volume is on full and I don't have "do not disturb" switched on. Everything is set correctly in the notification settings. When I get a text, sometimes it makes a sound, other times it doesn't. I have to keep checking my phone and sometimes there will be a new text that neither made a sound or displayed on the lock screen. The same thing happens on and off with emails, voice calls and voice mails.

I love my iPhone but to be honest I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice all those years ago when I switched from BlackBerry. My BlackBerry was absolutely 100% rock solid at these core communication features. Never missed a call or notification. My iPhone is so unreliable with notifications that I'm constantly taking it out of my bag to see if someone's called or texted me.

I've seen this problem reported all over the web and Apple have done nothing to fix it. They cannot be unaware of it. I don't know whether it's a software problem or a hardware problem, but they really need to get it sorted out.

6. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

It could be the App.s need to be updated,Apple had given advanced notice of their software upgrade but many App.s have yet to be updated.

7. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

This is just my text message alert. Some times it works but some times it doesn't. My cousin who has the 6 plus is having the same problem. I still haven't been able to find a way to fix it.

8. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

The apps with which I've had notification issues have all had at least 2 if not 3 updates since iOS 9 released .... I was very much of the same mind ( app issue rather than iOS ) until seeing several updates on the specific apps. I refer to WhatsApp, Outlook email, GMail app from Google, Facebook Messenger ...and rare, but real silence from iMessage ....

9. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Do you know how I update the messages app? Or iMessage app.

10. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

As core or stock apps I'd imagine they are only updated with iOS updates - which is why I hope for relief with iOS 9.1

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

My iPhone 6 and my wife's 6 Plus have now been updated and all the notification sound issues have been fixed it seems. So it appears it WAS an Apple issue as opposed to the update status of some apps, in this case. I'm far from an expert, but my guess is that if you do 9.1 your text message problems will be solved

12. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Yes mine appear to have been fixed as well.

13. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Probably ABSOLUTELY unrelated , but some sound notifications seem to work on the cars Bluetooth connection, some don't .... Never really paid much attention to it before ... My ringtone does, which is the only one which counts while driving !!