Text Alert Problem?

bo7e1se

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Coal City, IL
www.myspace.com
Ok, lately i've noticed that when im in a texting conversation (it never happens on the first text i receive) I do not always get an alert. My settings are ring mode with vibrate as well. I will send a text, hit the sleep/wake button and wait to receive a text from the other end. When a text comes through, the screen always lights up, but it doesn't always make a sound, and it only vibrates sometimes. Does anybody have any idea or have this same problem? Also, if I call Apple and get a replacement phone will it be new or refurbished?

Thanks for any information in advance!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Pretty sure it will only make the "text alert" sound if youthe text app is closed. If it is open, it makes a little bloop sound. Might be your just not hearing the softer sound for when the app is open.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't leave the screen on.. i shut it off and its supposed to make the normal text sound just like any other time
I've encountered this twice. I don't know what it is or how to fix it but you're right. I'll put the phone in sleep mode and it will light up but no sound alert or no pop-up text bubble on the screen...it just lights up for 10 seconds or so and shuts off. I then unlock the phone and a new "1" badge will be on the messages app. Like I said, its only happened twice to me. Maybe 3.1 will fix this? Only time will tell.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have experienced this to. Screen will light up for about 5 seconds, phone vibrates about 2 seconds after the phone switched screen off and no sound. I would imagine that this is a bug that will be fixed in the up and coming 3.1

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Happened to me too. I just reboot the device and that usually takes care of it.