Text app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone 816, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

Trying to get some recommendations on a good texting app.

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

If your're jailbroken then try iRealSMS otherwise the stock on works fine. What features are you looking for?

3. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

Google Voice? Whatsapp? ChatOn?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If what you're looking for is an app that texts without using SMS, I can recommend Kik. Of course, your recipient also has to have it installed, but it runs on several platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, and Symbian.

Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kik-messenger/id357218860?mt=8&ls=1

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I like text plus. Works great and can text real numbers.

6. Scott Dickson

Scott Dickson New Member

7. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

I was looking at text plus. What about Heywire? Basically my texting is shut off cause I don't see paying $20 a month for something I use but only on occasion. So I'm looking for a decent app to use. I used the TextMe app for awhile but it seemed to lag and occasionally I wouldn't even get my text. So anyone familiar with Heywire?

8. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

I want to be able to text any # not just people who have the same app.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm not by any means discouraging you from seeking the best app possible for your needs, but I did want to make you aware of AT&T's $2.99/month for 100 texts plan, since I feel the same way as you as far as a text plan goes. See the thread here: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/at-t-offering-new-2-99-month-100-text-plan.83321/#post-910967.

And last but not least, just in case you're not already aware of it, there's iMessage, which works from iDevice to iDevice and sends unlimited text, pictures, and videos with the added benefit that you get a read receipt when your message arrives at the addressee's iDevice, and you get a "now typing" icon while they're typing a response to you.

Besides...

9757d11d-83a1-49ee-98ee-6e6b4e913c4e.jpeg

Totally kidding. Totally!