Text app?

Jan 4, 2012
I was looking at text plus. What about Heywire? Basically my texting is shut off cause I don't see paying $20 a month for something I use but only on occasion. So I'm looking for a decent app to use. I used the TextMe app for awhile but it seemed to lag and occasionally I wouldn't even get my text. So anyone familiar with Heywire?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I was looking at text plus. What about Heywire? Basically my texting is shut off cause I don't see paying $20 a month for something I use but only on occasion. So I'm looking for a decent app to use. I used the TextMe app for awhile but it seemed to lag and occasionally I wouldn't even get my text. So anyone familiar with Heywire?
I'm not by any means discouraging you from seeking the best app possible for your needs, but I did want to make you aware of AT&T's $2.99/month for 100 texts plan, since I feel the same way as you as far as a text plan goes. See the thread here: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...w-2-99-month-100-text-plan.83321/#post-910967.

And last but not least, just in case you're not already aware of it, there's iMessage, which works from iDevice to iDevice and sends unlimited text, pictures, and videos with the added benefit that you get a read receipt when your message arrives at the addressee's iDevice, and you get a "now typing" icon while they're typing a response to you.

Besides...

9757d11d-83a1-49ee-98ee-6e6b4e913c4e.jpeg

Totally kidding. Totally!