Text & contacts back up and restore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Hi, I am wanting to start a new back up from scratch but wondering if there is anyway I can back up my old texts and contacts from old back up and restoring them to new backup?.
The contacts I think I might be alright because of the iCloud but can't say the same for texts.
Cheers

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Not sure I understand. If you have texts & contacts from a previous backup shouldn't they still be on your phone? When you do another backup they will still be there. If you deleted them you probably can't get them back. Or you could by restoring from the old backup but would lose everything from the point you did that backup to present.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
HI guys sorry i just got back to you,
first of all yes it is jailbroken
i tried the PKGback up, it just crashes :(.

Right, well im am planning to create a new back up (set up as new iPhone)
i can now get the contatcs off the cloud as they are stored on icould so that is fine. I however want to back up my texts on my current back up, and when i set my iPhone as a new iPhone, restore the texts to my iPhone.
any other ideas ?
cheers for helping guys

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
HI guys sorry i just got back to you,
first of all yes it is jailbroken
i tried the PKGback up, it just crashes :(.

Right, well im am planning to create a new back up (set up as new iPhone)
i can now get the contatcs off the cloud as they are stored on icould so that is fine. I however want to back up my texts on my current back up, and when i set my iPhone as a new iPhone, restore the texts to my iPhone.
any other ideas ?
cheers for helping guys
I found a past thread with your same wanting to save SMS texts question.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/can-you-save-text-messages.32311/