Text Distribution List for iPhone?

Feb 4, 2008
East Bay, California
PLEASE HELP!:(

I have a 1st generation iPhone with the latest updates. I use text messaging a lot and need to find a way to make distribution lists for my text messaging.

I am aware of the ability to send out text messages by adding each name individually but this is a pain the butt if your list changes the next time you need to send a message.

Is there anyway or a program out there that allows you to set up actual distribution lists simular to outlook?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The need to create groups and SMS them has been around for a while and it seems as if developers are just waiting for the go-ahead from Apple. Picazzo's link is a nice start though. They say they will include group SMS in a free update once Apple allows for it.

Daracle

Mar 8, 2009
So does this mean then that at present, any iPhone irrespective of the firmware or software version running on the machine, it will NOT have the possibility to send a single sms message to a pre defined group of contacts in one go?
Just looking for a confirmation before I waste my time updating my iPhone etc to try and get this feature when it's not even available.

Thanks