Text forwarding/deleting with BiteSMS / Jailbreak req'd

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've looked passed this app since I first upgraded to the 2.0 software. I just found out today that you can forward and delete individual text messages with it.

Just download it from Cydia, set default to "mobile carrier" and swipe your finger across the messages you want to forward/delete.

So far it's the best (and only) replacement I've been able to find for SMSD.

duckdogdrake

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I've looked passed this app since I first upgraded to the 2.0 software. I just found out today that you can forward and delete individual text messages with it.

Just download it from Cydia, set default to "mobile carrier" and swipe your finger across the messages you want to forward/delete.

So far it's the best (and only) replacement I've been able to find for SMSD.

Don't you have to pay for this service?

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
I just found out today that you can forward...set default to "mobile carrier" and swipe your finger across the messages you want to forward.
I still can't figure out how to forward messages....I swiped left and I tried swiping right.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It took me a little while, too. You have to swipe from the left edge of the screen all the way to the right edge. Hope that helps.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
Okay...will give that a try. Thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This app would be great if it used your contacts. Instead of seeing a persons name I see the 10 digit number. Until that's added, it's off my list.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
This app would be great if it used your contacts. Instead of seeing a persons name I see the 10 digit number. Until that's added, it's off my list.

Hmmmm...seems to work fine with my contacts. Perhaps a bug. Maybe a reinstall is in order?

D-Wade

Bronze
Aug 26, 2008
Singapore
silly question, yeah i saw the subject already but i still want to confirm this requires jailbroken iPhone?

D-Wade

Bronze
Aug 26, 2008
Singapore
Another Question, Firmware 2.0.1 can be jailbroken, im planning to jailbreak mine, right after i jailbreak is it possible to upgrade my firmware? i understand latest firmware now is 2.0.2. thanks again

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Any time you update a jailbroken phone's FW you will lose the jailbreak; no way around it. I'm pretty sure 2.0.2 has been jailbroken so might as well jailbreak that FW version if you're going to do it.

D-Wade

Bronze
Aug 26, 2008
Singapore
yeah, better wait for it =) thanks for the advices.
one more question, if ever i jailbroke on 2.0.2, then to remove jailbreak, just have to update to the same FW2.0.2? is this correct?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
yeah, better wait for it =) thanks for the advices.
one more question, if ever i jailbroke on 2.0.2, then to remove jailbreak, just have to update to the same FW2.0.2? is this correct?
Correct. Best way to reset a jailbreak is to do a restore and set it up as a new phone.

D-Wade

Bronze
Aug 26, 2008
Singapore
thanks for the response, restore means my contacts and wallpaper etc is reset? Sorry I haven't done this before