Text Macro

Stonebriar

Jan 6, 2009
Does an App exist that would provide "text macros" allowing me to scroll through commonly used short texts, tap the one I want to send, choose my Contact, and then send?

Such as...

I love you!
Call me.
Meet me at ______
Are you OK?
Be safe.
--------------------
Thanks!
Steve

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
To my knowledge just jailbreak apps. Most of the jailbreak text apps (biteSMS, iRealSMS and mySMS) provide editable templates. Would be very nice if Apple would incorporate this into their stock SMS app. In the new 3.0 software with copy and paste you should be able to fo that with a workaround, just make a notes with your templates on there and copy them, then paste them into the sms app.

Stonebriar

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks. Any other ideas from anyone?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
To my knowledge just jailbreak apps. Most of the jailbreak text apps (biteSMS, iRealSMS and mySMS) provide editable templates. Would be very nice if Apple would incorporate this into their stock SMS app. In the new 3.0 software with copy and paste you should be able to fo that with a workaround, just make a notes with your templates on there and copy them, then paste them into the sms app.
It would be nice if Apple provided a future update to their copy & paste, giving us a stack/template ability similar to Clippy and hClipboard. That would make copy & paste perfect for me.