Text Message Alert problem- why is it so hard to hear it?

iLami

Jul 6, 2007
I have my volume cranked up, and I notice I never hear Text Message Alert Notifications, when the texts come in...so I was fiddling with my phone, and sampled my sound options for my text messages, and they are all so quiet, when all my other sound options for other notifications all cme up loud as hell when I sample them...

any ideas how to fix this? I need to hear my text messages when they come in!

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
I have my volume cranked up, and I notice I never hear Text Message Alert Notifications, when the texts come in...so I was fiddling with my phone, and sampled my sound options for my text messages, and they are all so quiet, when all my other sound options for other notifications all cme up loud as hell when I sample them...

any ideas how to fix this? I need to hear my text messages when they come in!
yes, this is one of my biggest complaints about the iPhone. I have to have my iPhone in my hand to hear it! Update Apple?

iLami

Jul 6, 2007
yes, this is one of my biggest complaints about the iPhone. I have to have my iPhone in my hand to hear it! Update Apple?
thats helpful to know...I thoight it was my computer/ smart phone illiteracy this whole time

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
Same here, when I'm listening to music, I think it should fade away and play the new text msg tone, just like when you get a call.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
From most of my testing it seems as if the alert tones don't follow the ringer volume. I think they all have their own volume which is independent of the ringer and can't be changed. I'd try a different one or create a custom one that is louder.