Text message alert warning

Jun 6, 2009
Could anyone please help a complete iPhone duffer?

My phone won't sound the alert on receiving a text, I've been into 'settings' 'sounds' vibrate is ON for both silent and ring and new texts should ring as 'bell' which has a tick against it on my list of 7 alert sounds and the volume slider is on max. Despite all this the alert won't sound for text or voicemail - what am I not doing that I need to do - help! :oops:

Conv5

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Lubbock, Texas
Could anyone please help a complete iPhone duffer?

My phone won't sound the alert on receiving a text, I've been into 'settings' 'sounds' vibrate is ON for both silent and ring and new texts should ring as 'bell' which has a tick against it on my list of 7 alert sounds and the volume slider is on max. Despite all this the alert won't sound for text or voicemail - what am I not doing that I need to do - help! :oops:
Did you check if you put alert for text messages?

Jun 6, 2009
Hi ConV5 - thanks for the reply but unless putting the alert on is different to what I put in my post then no, it isn't on and I don't know how to put it on in that case! I did say I was duffer but to help the phone rings but the text alert will not!

Anne, thanks for your reply and that is not the problem but I'm grateful for the response - thanks both John

Conv5

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Lubbock, Texas
Have you tried to go into setting and look for the alarm for received text messages?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Dude, your sig says to call you Anne, what do you expect?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Go to Settings>Sounds and make sure there is a tone set for text messages. If it says "New Text Message>None" That would be your issue, tap that and select a sound.

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
lol Anne i was waiting for a time to call him that too! hey it says so in the sig! lol

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Anne miraculously recovers his memory lol.

Try rebooting the phone and resetting the alerts.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
LOL now you've made me curious. :)
PepeRB29, who is now permanently banned, had a sig that went something like this:

"Call me Helen Keller, 'cause I'm a $%$#$%^ miracle worker!"

Well, I pointed out to him once (in my own picky way) that it was actually Anne Sullivan, Keller's teacher, who was known as the miracle worker. He took it well, with a picture of a face palm and something like, "Dude - are you serious?"

:laugh2:

Jun 6, 2009
Text message warning alert

Anne miraculously recovers his memory lol.

Try rebooting the phone and resetting the alerts.
Guys - glad to have been the cause of so much good natured banter, sadly lacking these days. The answer that worked was this one, the reboot and resetting - very grateful for all the advice.

John:)

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Hehehhe Anne :) his sig was pretty funny.. I remember pepe.