Text Message Client

Sep 19, 2007
Is there any iPhone software that makes it so u can text sideways so the key board is bigger?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
that sucks! :mad:

whats the point of all the screen real-estate if you cant use it?
It works sidewars in Safari but not texting. At first I thought it was really stupid too, but if they let you do it sideways you wouldn't be able to see the text you were reponding to because the keyboard would cover it. This is the only reason I could think of for why Apple didn't include it.

An even bigger mystery is why they didn't include mass texting or MMS.

aaron5857

Oct 8, 2008
but if they let you do it sideways you wouldn't be able to see the text you were reponding to because the keyboard would cover it. ....
An even bigger mystery is why they didn't include mass texting or MMS.
First of all, who NEEDS to see what they are responding to? Do you forget what you just heard when having a conversation? (we don't NEED to see it, we have some amount of memory)

The keyboard SHOULD turn sideways if thats how people choose to type. I hate that it wont turn when I turn the phone.
(another feature I think should be included is the ability to type by 't9'. Instead of showing the keyboard, it would show the number pad, like when you go to put in a phone number for a contact. T9 would then apply.

Also, you can do mass texting. You simply add contacts to any given message. But, you SHOULD be able to click 'new text message' and when it asks who you want to send to, should be able to scroll through the whole list, and just click a box to as many as you want. Making it much faster to send such a message.

Being able to forward any given message, i.e address, to other contacts would be nice, instead of having to actually WRITE it down, and retype it in a message. What a hassle. No 'smart' phone should make you use a pen.

I would also like to be able to delete specific messages, without having to clear the whole conversation history...

sigh... these are big deals to me. Not that they are altogether important, but seem like blatant oversights that have no reason for being left out any longer. PUT THEM IN THE NEXT UPDATE.

Barachus

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
irealsms available in cydia does all of the above

irealsms is a great app now... when i first mentioned it in a past thread,there were bugs still needed to be worked out... there is a free "trial" version but it doesn't really show the capabilities of the app... i bought the app i believe for 7.50 from the irealsms website and i love it! the landscape keyboard is amazing and there are more options/settings for it now

aaron5857

Oct 8, 2008
Is this program for unlocked phones? I'm in Canada, and we only have one phone company that even works for the iPhone. SO I don't know a whole lot about unlocking them.

aaron5857

Oct 8, 2008
right, of course. ok, thanks for all your help, i will start looking into jailbreaking, pros and cons now. i sure would like the text messaging fixed.