text message crushed -urgent help.

Dec 18, 2007
istanbul
i received a text message from the bank and when i try to view it, sms screen closed and now i can not open the sms part. i received another text, normal one this time, i can see it in the pop up screen but not when i enter the sms icon. it closes itself. i,now, have 2 messages on the sms icon. but i cannot see them, open them, delete them nor i can write a new message. i do not know what to do to get rid of it. i guess the problem is with the bank message. because it displayed the name of the bank on the pop up screen normally it shows the phone number.
i am using iPhone in Turkey and v is 1.0.2.

can anyone help me?
has something like this happen to you before.
thanks.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Have you tried to reset it by holding the home and sleep/wake buttons until it shuts down?

Dec 18, 2007
istanbul
Have you tried to reset it by holding the home and sleep/wake buttons until it shuts down?
yes petalmom. i have shut it down nothing changes. i tranferred my sim to another phone to erase that problem message but my messages does not show up in the other phone.

i am thinking about erasing everything and reseting.should i do that ?
thanks for the reply.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Sorry wish I could help but I have no experience with an unlocked phone.

JW22

Jan 21, 2008
Was the "bank" text a "junk text"? I'm just curious because I've recently heard of people receiving (and received one myself the other day) texts that equate to junk mail. Unsolicited texts from unkown numbers advertising crap.

Dec 18, 2007
istanbul
Was the "bank" text a "junk text"? I'm just curious because I've recently heard of people receiving (and received one myself the other day) texts that equate to junk mail. Unsolicited texts from unkown numbers advertising crap.[/QUOTE

well actually i could not read it. i pressed view but it closed itself. but i am sure there was smth wrong with it.

Dec 18, 2007
istanbul
well i did a little more search for the same problem in other sites too. the problem was because of the message that was coming from a computer. computer based sms on jailbroken 1.0.2 versions do that as far as i can understand. the only thing to do was erase all contents and setting and then re-introduce my phone to iTunes as a new phone without backing up the old data.
now it is solved.
i guess everytime i receive a computer based sms i have to do the same thing : (. anyway i am glad that it is solved.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
or you could go up to 1.1.1 and unlock then to 1.1.2 and unlock... its fixed in 1.1.2.