Text Message Hack?

Aug 13, 2009
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a hack or method on how to (if it's possible) make a text message display your contact's picture if they have one. I really enjoyed this feature in my older cell phone. I always like seeing the pictures I have for my contacts. Thanks in advance.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Are you trying to stalk somebody?

Aug 13, 2009
Are you trying to stalk somebody?
What? No. I'm not sure if you understood me, but I just want the pictures I have for my contacts to show up whenever I receive a text message. Do you know how when one your phone contacts calls you it shows their picture? Well that's what I want it to do for Text Messages too.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
So basically make it like iChat?

Aug 13, 2009
The iChat thing is noy what I originally had in mind, but that would be pretty awesome. There has to be someway of doing that. Apple should create an option for it via the next update.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Nemeses

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Can you get tlert and wimy without being jailbroken. I was JB and had the trial versions but had to send my phone back to Apple for a replacement (nothing to do with JB). So now I'm not JB anymore but when orig installing Rock did a soft unlock.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Can you get tlert and wimy without being jailbroken. I was JB and had the trial versions but had to send my phone back to Apple for a replacement (nothing to do with JB). So now I'm not JB anymore but when orig installing Rock did a soft unlock.
It's a JB app, so no.