Text Message Preview

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Not sure if anybody has discussed this but now when someone sends you a text message you can choose to turn off the "show preview". Just go to Settings, Messages, Show Preview (on/off). So if you choose off & someone sends you a text it will pop up with the person's name & say text instead of the message appearing automatically....:laugh2:

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Not sure if anybody has discussed this but now when someone sends you a text message you can choose to turn off the "show preview". Just go to Settings, Messages, Show Preview (on/off). So if you choose off & someone sends you a text it will pop up with the person's name & say text instead of the message appearing automatically....:laugh2:
Mine does that now and I don't have 3.0. I don't think this is a new feature.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I wish they would put it back the way it was on 2.0(i think) where it just said new text message. No name, number or preview just new text message.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I wish they would put it back the way it was on 2.0(i think) where it just said new text message. No name, number or preview just new text message.
I wonder why Apple had changed it? I've had my iPhone for a little over a year & its never had that feature. I'm really excited about it (not that I have anything to hide):p

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Its only slightly new. It was available for people who used a passcode to lock their phone. Now you can use it without a passcode.
Ta Da

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Its only slightly new. It was available for people who used a passcode to lock their phone. Now you can use it without a passcode.
Ta Da
Ahh thank you for explaining...I never used a passcode to lock my phone so that's why I didn't know it had already been available.