text message scam- bid 4 prizes- check your bill

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
Anyone have any issue with this? I just checked my bill and there are 2 charges for 9.99 each for some bid 4 prizes contest thingy. I checked my text messages and sure enough I see where they sent me a few but I never replied ever and just considered it texting spam. The merchant phone # to call and question the charge calls att customer service. They were not avail so I will call tomorrow. I'm so irritated. Am I the only one?. I never respond to crap like that and I can't believe I got scammed.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?
Thanks for letting me rant a bit,:mad:
Colleen

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Anyone have any issue with this? I just checked my bill and there are 2 charges for 9.99 each for some bid 4 prizes contest thingy. I checked my text messages and sure enough I see where they sent me a few but I never replied ever and just considered it texting spam. The merchant phone # to call and question the charge calls att customer service. They were not avail so I will call tomorrow. I'm so irritated. Am I the only one?. I never respond to crap like that and I can't believe I got scammed.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?
Thanks for letting me rant a bit,:mad:
Colleen
If you are getting charged 9.99 a month more than likely it is something that AT&T calls a subscription. Sometimes these get put on at random times other times they get put on by playing the "deal or no deal" game or purchasing a "free" ringtone on tv, stuff to that nature. These will show up as the merchant mblox or mcube, or something like that. AT&T will actually credit you a full 2 months if it goes back that far, and that will more than likely take you 1 or 2 billing cycles to process, but they will credit you and they will remove the subscription.

I hope this helped!

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
If you are getting charged 9.99 a month more than likely it is something that AT&T calls a subscription. Sometimes these get put on at random times other times they get put on by playing the "deal or no deal" game or purchasing a "free" ringtone on tv, stuff to that nature. These will show up as the merchant mblox or mcube, or something like that. AT&T will actually credit you a full 2 months if it goes back that far, and that will more than likely take you 1 or 2 billing cycles to process, but they will credit you and they will remove the subscription.

I hope this helped!
00vdub,
Thanks so much for your reply. You were right! Called att today and it was a subscription! They reversed the charges and I blocked my phone from purchasing crap like this again. I still have no idea how I "subscribed".
Happy Holidays,
Colleen

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Sometimes you don't even have to do anything. I personally do not have any info on how you subscribe to certain things without actually doing anything, all I have been told is sometimes it just happens. I know that's not a very good explanation but like I said that's all I know. But it isn't AT&T that is actually scamming you, it's another company such as MBLOX and stuff like that.

arj72715

Mar 26, 2008
Bid4Prizes

I just had this show up on my bill also. Have no ideal what it is. AT&T needs to make it harder for these places to scam people.