Text Message Swipe/Edit Problem

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
I am having an issue with my phone that won't allow me to delete the folder of a text message. I can edit the contents but when I try and swipe to delete or use the edit function it shows the delete button for a quick second and then it goes away. I have tried to turn the phone off and back on and have also tried a hard reset. Any other ideas?

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Sorry if my reply doesn't help, but how do you get folders of a text message? And how are you able to edit the contents of a text?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
By “folders” do you mean “Contacts” or people you've texted?

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
No when you open up the main text screen and you can see all the texts that you have sent or been sent to you. I can't delete those for some reason

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Oh ok, so you're referring to the conversations. Still unsure how you're able to edit the contents of those texts, but have you tried closing it from the multitask dock and then re-open it? Sometimes this will be the only thing to fix an app other than rebooting. At least in my case.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
yes, I have tried to just turn off the phone and a hard reset as well. I have also closed the multitask dock and re-opened. I just had to have Apple replace my device a couple of months ago looks like I am going back again