Text Messages not syncing with phone properly

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jareknyc, May 15, 2015.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Hey guys, anyone has the same problem? If i delete a text from cell phone that message is still on my watch and vice verse, if i delete message from my watch, nothing is deleting from my phone, it's very annoying. You have to delete them twice, also restart is not helping here.

#1 jareknyc, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It doesn't delete from my friends watch either. I would guess it doesn't sync like that as you and I would want it to. When I delete text messages or iMessages from my iPhone, my Macbook Pro still has them on it. Apple told me that it's not designed to do that yet, as it's two different systems.

3. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Is mirror iPhone checked in setting for the watch under messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

5. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Just realized you were talking about deleting not just syncing. What moneymaker79 said is correct, but its on all platforms. If you want to delete a message you have to go into each device and delete them, Apple Watch, iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs. Be nice if it did.
    Maybe it's a security thing to keep you deleting messages by accident, I don't know. I assume it's because each device stores the messages because they are not stored on the cloud but is pushed to each device.
    Maybe a pop up that asked if you wanted to delete from all devices yes or no could be added to to this in he future.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That would be awesome! However, I don't see that happening.  stated to me something about the programs are different, so that won't be possible.

7. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Well they would have it go cloud based I would think, so at this time no, but as apple moves more and more cloud based it could be done. I think they would have to see enough request/complaints before they went that route. To me not that important as of yet. Inconvenient at times yes.

#7 Docd, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It would come in handy for me as I only text daily three people, therefore I don't want a bunch of texts sitting on both devices.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not that the programs are different. You could have two iPhones that are running the same program/operating system (iOS), yet you have to delete the message on each one. It's because the messages are stored on each device, not in the cloud. If they were stored in the cloud, logging onto your iCloud account in the Settings app with a freshly restored phone would sync your messages, just like it syncs contacts, etc. without restoring a backup.