text messages to email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmbMelis81, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dmbMelis81

dmbMelis81 New Member

I just got an iPhone 4s and used to have an Android phone. On my Android there was an app that would send my text messages to my email and I could respond back by email. It also notified me by email when I missed a call, which is very helpful because I work in prison and can not have my cell all day. Does anyone know if there is an app like this for the iPhone?

2. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

Don't know about the email for missed calls.
    Also don't know if there is an app for the texts, but can't u just copy and paste the text to respond by email ?

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What was the name of the Android app? Might be able to search to see if there is an iOS version.
    For missed phone call issue: I use YouMail. It will send a txt and an email for missed calls & when someone leaves a voicemail. You can listen to the voicemail on their site, once you log in of course. Not sure of a txt to email option though.

4. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

You can have much of the desired features by using Google Voice.
    YMMV

5. Laura Simeroth

Laura Simeroth New Member

I used to text from my email all the time actually, but you have to know the phone carrier of the phone you're texting to, because each carrier has a different address. For example, if you were texting the phone number 555-555-5555 and they had AT&T, you'd email to 5555555555[at]txt.att. net, versus 5555555555[at]tmomail. net for T-Mobile. Here's a webpage for more: www. makeuseof. com/tag/email-to-sms/ Sorry about the broken link, the site doesn't allow me to post them yet.