text messages to email?

Aug 2, 2012
I just got an iPhone 4s and used to have an Android phone. On my Android there was an app that would send my text messages to my email and I could respond back by email. It also notified me by email when I missed a call, which is very helpful because I work in prison and can not have my cell all day. Does anyone know if there is an app like this for the iPhone?

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
Don't know about the email for missed calls.
Also don't know if there is an app for the texts, but can't u just copy and paste the text to respond by email ?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I just got an iPhone 4s and used to have an Android phone. On my Android there was an app that would send my text messages to my email and I could respond back by email. It also notified me by email when I missed a call, which is very helpful because I work in prison and can not have my cell all day. Does anyone know if there is an app like this for the iPhone?
What was the name of the Android app? Might be able to search to see if there is an iOS version.
For missed phone call issue: I use YouMail. It will send a txt and an email for missed calls & when someone leaves a voicemail. You can listen to the voicemail on their site, once you log in of course. Not sure of a txt to email option though.

Aug 28, 2012
I used to text from my email all the time actually, but you have to know the phone carrier of the phone you're texting to, because each carrier has a different address. For example, if you were texting the phone number 555-555-5555 and they had AT&T, you'd email to 5555555555[at]txt.att. net, versus 5555555555[at]tmomail. net for T-Mobile. Here's a webpage for more: www. makeuseof. com/tag/email-to-sms/ Sorry about the broken link, the site doesn't allow me to post them yet.