Text Messaging Is Horrible!

bmwlover0725

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I'm sure Apple will release a update, let's just hope the fix the lack of an underscore button too lol.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
...Email is the worst. I delete it once. Then I have to go to the trash and delete it again. No way of emptying the entire trash can.
You can go to mail settings and have it delete every day.

Settings -> Mail -> the email account you want to edit -> Advanced -> Remove

I think this works, but I'm not sure because I have it so it never deletes...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
How to text more than one person at a time?

There's a little thing called "Groups." When you go to add a contact to text, look at the upper left of the screen.

REALLY!
THAT'S what that's for! I was wondering. :)
I rarely ever have to do the multi-text thing, either, so I never played with that...

Thanks for revealing that, good sir. :)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Very funny last two comments to the same message coming to exactly opposite conclusions. :laugh2:

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
These are not the best photos but here is proof that there is a "Groups" button on the iPhone.

But note: To get this you MUST have groups already set up in Mail (Apple's mail program).

http://homepage.mac.com/robhon/ZW_public/PhotoAlbum64.html
RobHon with the proof...niiice. Im a pc guy so no groups for me. Mass texts are a necessity for me because Im a DJ and need to do this on a weekly basis. Its just a necessary fact even though it CAN be annoying after a while it is still needed. Just like the Spice Girls...They suck but now theyre doing a reunion.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Havnt tried... I think not thought
If you have yahoo you can make folders that you can save emais in but you have to create the folder(s) on yahoos mail site not through your yahoo mail on iPhone but you can move messages from your inbox on your iPhone to the folders

Pork Rind

Jun 30, 2007
These are not the best photos but here is proof that there is a "Groups" button on the iPhone.

But note: To get this you MUST have groups already set up in Mail (Apple's mail program).

But when I select the groups option, it then asks me which single contact I would like to send a text to. Are you saying it works differently for you and you can text the entire group at once?

qlock

Jul 2, 2007

Did you actually follow this through and try to text the entire group before coming to the conclusion that it was possible?

When selecting the group button it simply takes you to the list of contacts that are separated into groups. ie: friends, clients, family. Once selecting one of those groups, you are still left with the limitation of selecting one contact.

Not to be rude, but you should've tested this to make sure it worked before getting everyone all riled up about it.

If I'm mistaken, and missed something, I will happily eat my words and castrate myself before you!:p

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe I'm not thinking this through or thinking straight, but....can't you send it as an email (so you could easily send it as a mass email) but put in their phone number email address so it would appear as a text to them? It would take some effort to type in all the contacts as phone numbers, but it's just a thought.

(I saw it somewhere that all phones have email addresses...I tried to send myself a text from my email account and it worked.)

How Many Times Do I Have To Say It In This Thread That Even Though You Can Make Groups, You Can Only Text One Person At A Time! That Is One Of The Many "little Things" That Apple Forget! Some Of The Simpliest Things Are The Most Important. They Dropped The Ball On Email And Texting On This Phone! To The Guy That Keeps Talking About Making Groups- Yes You Can Do It On A Pc With Windows Address Book But You Still Can't Mass Text!

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Great tip but can you save certain emails from not deleting?

As I read the message, if I want to keep, I put in a folder, if I don't want to keep, I delete at that time and my settings are to delete the trash after one day. Works for me and I get about 200 emails a day. If I see that it is not an email I even want to open, I swipe across it and click delete.

This is a great little computer and yes some updates but guys, you are letting the little things that can be changed out weight the great things.

jasunto

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
yeah i noticed that when i had a few people to tell about the evening plans, i think it is so you use more of your texts, lol

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
How many times will the same conversations happen on this forum? It's unreal.