Text messaging?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fandrade2006

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
When you receive a text and you open it does it count as one message? I only have 200sms so is it 100 receiving and 100 outgoing?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
All messages count whether you open them or not. It can be any combination of both incoming and outgoing that add up to 200.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Yes, I'm VERY thankful for the unlimited package as well, not for me but for my soon to be 19 year old daughter. It's relatively new to AT&T and her text messaging costs had been a point of contention for some time :) No worries anymore!

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I started with 200 for my phone as well convinced that would be enough. I hated text messaging because I wasn't very good at it (actually I was awful!) and it was easier and faster for me just to call :)

That all changed with the iPhone. It's soo easy now and I really enjoy it (now I understand better why teenagers like it so much!)

For me, I went with the $5 unlimited AT&T to AT&T since most of my messages were between my 2 daughters, both on AT&T. The other 200 are plenty for the rest of my messaging.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Just a word of caution......I've "heard" that that information isn't always updated "up to the minute". I would be careful assuming that the number is 100% accurate.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Just a word of caution......I've "heard" that that information isn't always updated "up to the minute". I would be careful assuming that the number is 100% accurate.
Yeah you're definitely correct on this. In fact, we have 5 phones with AT&T and 3/5 phones will update at least a day before the other 2 phones. It's really weird how it works. So don't just assume you're fine because it can take the system a while to catch up.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Used to when id have my iPhone locked with a pass it would say "Steve Jobs. Text Message" now after 2.1 update it just says "New Text Message" is there a setting that can change this? or is this just something i have to deal with?