Text messege reminder

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Perhaps I am just being stupid here but I cannot find a way to turn off that annoying setting where the phone keeps reminding me that I received a text message. I swear that the phone asked me if I wanted it on and now I can't find a way to shut it off. Anyone know how?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
That has to be one of the most annoying features of the iPhone then. It is starting to drive me crazy, I sit in my classes with my phone continually going off in my pocket. There is a pretty damn good reason I am not checking my messages!

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
That has to be one of the most annoying features of the iPhone then. It is starting to drive me crazy, I sit in my classes with my phone continually going off in my pocket. There is a pretty damn good reason I am not checking my messages!
Does your phone keep letting you know that you have missed texts/calls? If I get a text and don't "slide to unlock" to view the message, about five minutes it chimes again, but that is it, one additional alert.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Mine does it continuously. I think the first one is 5 minutes later, then 10 minutes, then 15 etc. Once I could live with, it's the continual annoyance.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Mine does it continuously. I think the first one is 5 minutes later, then 10 minutes, then 15 etc. Once I could live with, it's the continual annoyance.
Are you jailbroken?

Sep 15, 2007
i don't know about your phone, but the alerts are only after 5 minutes.. then again 5 minutes later. There are only two alerts. Or maybe people just love to text you. but

Maybe like you said..
There is a pretty damn good reason I am not checking my messages!
you should just turn off your phone IF YOUR CLASS IS THAT important.

but believe me, i know what it feels like to get a text message and have it vibrate again 5 minutes later. but i'm used to it, if not i just check it and don't reply, its not that hard to whip out your phone and reply or check.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
i don't know about your phone, but the alerts are only after 5 minutes.. then again 5 minutes later. There are only two alerts. Or maybe people just love to text you. but

Maybe like you said..
you should just turn off your phone IF YOUR CLASS IS THAT important.

but believe me, i know what it feels like to get a text message and have it vibrate again 5 minutes later. but i'm used to it, if not i just check it and don't reply, its not that hard to whip out your phone and reply or check.
\
Or just keep your phone in your backback.

I wonder why some people even go to class. I have seen people text at least every 2 minutes the whole class. Probably saying things like, "OMG this class is terrbile", "Why did I come" duhh so you could text, "soooooo boooooring", "wanna do our hair tonight?"

I can only imagine what is said.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
yeah this one thing in particular just left me scratching my head over Apple and prompted me to describe them as idiot savants capable of amazing feats, but not able to do something simple like tie their own shoes. I mean seriously, "I forgot to put an off switch on it"? Lol, brought to you by the same company that didn't bring u copy n paste.

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
is this only a feature on the 3G? I have a gen1 iPhone, and I have never noticed it vibrating more than once... on the other hand - it might be that I read my msgs to quick to notice.

Sep 15, 2007
is this only a feature on the 3G? I have a gen1 iPhone, and I have never noticed it vibrating more than once... on the other hand - it might be that I read my msgs to quick to notice.

it's not a 3g only feature, if you updated your firmware to the current version then you'll get the reminders.. that is if aren't so quick to check them. haha