Text notification keeps on bleeping!

Fnashbar

Jun 9, 2008
Whenever I receive a text if I don't open it up straight away my iPhone 3g keeps on giving off the same text sound every 5 minutes or so until I collect it! Could this be a reminder facility notifying me I have a text to respond to, and if so, how would I switch it off? Or is it a fault with the phone?

Many thanks.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Whenever I receive a text if I don't open it up straight away my iPhone 3g keeps on giving off the same text sound every 5 minutes or so until I collect it! Could this be a reminder facility notifying me I have a text to respond to, and if so, how would I switch it off? Or is it a fault with the phone?

Many thanks.
You can't switch this off - you can turn off the SMS sound....

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Apple made this change a few firmware revisions ago, but doesn't give anyone the option to disable it. I also hate it, but like Picazzo said, the only way to disable it is to disable the text sound alltogether.

Joe

Fnashbar

Jun 9, 2008
I suppose some people may like the option of a reminder, but for the rest it's rather annoying. Also, whenever I scroll down on the thumb nails of my photos it's very jittery, like it's trying to lock up!? I would also like Apple to incorporate a text forwarding and MMS facility. I've heard there is a third party software that can be installed to enable these two facilities; can anyone recommend any that are reliable?

Thanks for the replies.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
The trick is when you first receive the text it shows up on the lock screen. Tap the sleep button before it goes to sleep by itself and it will not remind you because it knows you read it. Otherwise it will give you the reminder again