Text notifications during calls

SamV

Oct 28, 2011
I can't find any posts on this topic, I hate it when I am on a call with someone and I get a text coming through and my notification plays. I can't hear what the other person is saying during that time and they have no idea it's happening at my end and is embarrassing for me to then have to ask them to repeat again. Is there a setting for the notification not to play when a call is being made/received? If not, there should be!

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Admittedly, this is a workaround and not a solution but, you can flip the mute switch, on the top left side of the phone, to off when a call comes in and then back to on when the call is finished. You and I and many others feel that this should be done automatically but so far Apple has turned a deaf ear to the problem. If you like, you can go to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html to complain about the problem and ask that Apple make this an automatic function of the phone during an incoming or outgoing call. If more people do this maybe Apple will finally listen. It certainly cannot be too difficult to make a change like this and to even make it optional via an on/off switch somewhere in settings.

SamV

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks for your reply. Flipping the mute button isn't really the solution is it. I can't believe Apple haven't addressed it. Seems the caller can't hear it which is fine for them. An ideal solution is notification when the call ends. I'll post my view to Apple as you suggest. Thx

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Are you using one of the stock half-second text tones? Tri-tone isn't long enough or loud enough to make me actually miss anything the caller said.

SamV

Oct 28, 2011
I've actually made one from 'Ring Tones'. It does play a bit longer, but means I'm less likely to miss it.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've actually made one from 'Ring Tones'. It does play a bit longer, but means I'm less likely to miss it.
It's never been a problem for me when I use one that's the standard length. You might want to consider switching back since the long tone you're using interferes with calls so much.

Feb 17, 2013
I'm also having such a notification alert of msgs while receiving calls, how can I remove it?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm also having such a notification alert of msgs while receiving calls, how can I remove it?
Use a short-tone message that won't interfere with the call or mute the phone while you're on phone calls if you want to continue to use long text tones.