Text on phone messages

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
My IPhone 7 plus creates text on my voice mail received messages. My wife's 6 plus does not do this. Is this unique to the 7 or can I make settings change to get the same function in the 6?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My IPhone 7 plus creates text on my voice mail received messages. My wife's 6 plus does not do this. Is this unique to the 7 or can I make settings change to get the same function in the 6?
Your wife's iPhone should do this as well. I'm on AT&T and voicemail transcription on my 7 Plus is pretty good, though it can be a bit hit and miss as far as which voicemails will be transcribed.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That feature is “is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE with Siri language set to English (United States or Canada). Your carrier also needs to support visual voicemail for voicemail transcription to work.”

Update: Also available on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus (obviously). Apparently these were not available when that article was published, so they were not mentioned.

Source: http://www.howtogeek.com/271645/how-to-make-ios-10-transcribe-your-voicemails-into-text/

Last edited: