Text Preview

gemroz

Jan 5, 2008
Is there a way to disable text preview, maybe something in the settings on the iPhone that can disable it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This has been asked before, but I can't remember if there is a solution. I agree that incoming text messages popping up on the homepage can be embarrassing sometimes.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I agree, this has been asked before, and there is not any thing in the settings for this.
:(

gemroz

Jan 5, 2008
I agree, this has been asked before, and there is not any thing in the settings for this.
:(
Hey guys i figured it out. You have to go into "settings" then into "general" then into "passcode lock". In there you can turn it off. Unfortunately you have to enter a 4 didget code to check text if your phone is off tho. Fine by me tho. Im just glad i found the option. Thanks again everyone. Hope i helped.

Z71Card05

Jan 6, 2008
What you can also do is the change the settings so that you enter the password every four hours. This way you don't have to enter a passcode each time you get a text message. I hardly go 4 hours without messing with my iPhone, so this works out for me.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
What you can also do is the change the settings so that you enter the password every four hours. This way you don't have to enter a passcode each time you get a text message. I hardly go 4 hours without messing with my iPhone, so this works out for me.
Great solution. Works like a charm.