Text problem...

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
a friend has an iPhone... he's pretty much my inspiration for getting one. Anyway, he has issues with receiving text messages... they'll kind of back up then all pile in at once... so the first message he will not have received until about 40 minutes ( or so ) after it was sent.

is this a common problem, or just an issue with his phone? Its pretty seriously modified, but not unlocked.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
not an issue for me at all

(unmodded, totally stock)

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
not an issue for me at all

(unmodded, totally stock)

Good to know. I was assuming it was just an issue with his phone but I wanted to make sure :)

drahardja

Sep 30, 2007
Not a problem with me as well. It could be a problem with the phone carrier. Some networks are notorious for not delivering text messages in a timely manner.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i get this also its not an issue with the phone its an issue with the server that they are going through when im texting my girlfriend on her iPhone and we get those long i hate you texts going it pops up instantaneously and all in one text but when i text her Sidekick and we get those long i hate you texts going ill get them late, sometimes never, and sometimes all contorted ( ill get the first text 4th, the 4th text 3rd, the 3rd text 2nd and the 2nd text 2nd if that makes sense) lol its weird

drahardja

Sep 30, 2007
i get this also its not an issue with the phone its an issue with the server that they are going through when im texting my girlfriend on her iPhone and we get those long i hate you texts going it pops up instantaneously and all in one text but when i text her Sidekick and we get those long i hate you texts going ill get them late, sometimes never, and sometimes all contorted ( ill get the first text 4th, the 4th text 3rd, the 3rd text 2nd and the 2nd text 2nd if that makes sense) lol its weird
Good Lord, man. Use punctuation!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Not getting your SMS's, or getting them all at once is a network issue. Usually on the senders side. It usually works as follows :

Sender phone >> Senders carrier >> Senders SMS provider/router >> Receivers Provider/router >> Receivers Carrier >> Receivers Phone.

Thats why No carrier will gaurantee Timelyness(msp) of SMS delivery since there are so many different networks envolved. But generally the SMS delay is caused by one of the SMS providers having issues with their servers.

Used to deal with this type of issue a lot when I worked for a Cellular carrier. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it unless your not getting your SMS's at all.. If that was the case it would be best if both sides submitted a trouble ticket no matter who the carriers point the finger at.