Text Shake to Undo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I feel like an idiot, but could someone please tell me how to turn off this annoying shake to undo while texting? Thanks. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
fearofnormalcy,

Is there an app that merges the Undo function within the Copy/Paste Menu (JB, of course)? I daresay this is how it should behave natively anyway instead of the extremely puerile shaking.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
That's why I lurk around here... that never even crossed my mind. Going to change a few setting.
Dude, I had Activator-fest last week! Assigned a whole bunch of tasks/apps to tons of different gestures. People only think to use Activator when they get it with an app such as biteSMS, but it works as a great shortcut for ALL your tasks/apps. I've got Notes set to a pinch on my springboard, and my iPod set to open when I tap the center of my Volume pop-up, plus TONS of others. So, so handy!

Watcher: Not sure of a tweak or app that'll do that, but I'll keep my eyes peeled, as I sift through Cydia for about an hour every day! Gotta do something when my 3yr old naps, right? ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
fearofnormalcy,

Is there an app that merges the Undo function within the Copy/Paste Menu (JB, of course)? I daresay this is how it should behave natively anyway instead of the extremely puerile shaking.
I concur. Has anybody else tried shaking to undo an iPad? Talk about feeling like an idiot..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you're jailbroken, you can use Activator to assign a different function to shaking your device. I have it set to bring up my SBSettings while I'm at my springboard. Pretty handy!
You can assign different functions to shaking the device, but it doesn't disable the stock Shake To Undo feature.
I feel like an idiot, but could someone please tell me how to turn off this annoying shake to undo while texting? Thanks. Have a great weekend.
ShakeToUndo Killer in Cydia. It's free.

Jan 23, 2011
i don't understand the issue, isn't there a confirmation to "undo typing"... how often does it come up? are you jogging while texting? lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
i don't understand the issue, isn't there a confirmation to "undo typing"... how often does it come up? are you jogging while texting? lol
I inadvertently activate it multiple times a day. Having to cancel it all the time is annoying. I'd much rather just disable it since it's a feature I never use.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I inadvertently activate it multiple times a day. Having to cancel it all the time is annoying. I'd much rather just disable it since it's a feature I never use.
same here, it happens to me several times a day...so annoying! For the longest time I didn't know what activated it, I finally did a search. Why do they implement so many useless, gimmicky, annoying features?!

Is there a way to deactivate withOUT simply making shake activate something else? Like, why would I want anything to pop up multiple times a day when I don't want it to?!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, I've used a jailbreak tweak to disable it. It's called ShakeToUndo Killer.

And before you say it, yes, I know you don't think we should have to jailbreak to disable it. ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes, I've used a jailbreak tweak to disable it. It's called ShakeToUndo Killer.

And before you say it, yes, I know you don't think we should have to jailbreak to disable it. ;)
I use the shake to undo feature all the time. I do however think Apple should add an Activator type sub-menu into iOS. One less reason to jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I was the same, constantly trying to run a fresh set of icons, wallpapers and widgets. In turn they did nothing but slow my phone down.

...Now all I want to be able to do is shrink my icons.
I agree, this is another feature which should be added to iOS.

Nowadays I want speed, nothing more. As long as my phone remains as lag free as possible I'll be a happy man.