Text while phone is docked

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I hate when i have my phone docked and get a text message so I was wondering if it would be possible to make an app or a program that would allow you to dock your phone and charge it but also get a pop up screen on your computer like an im from your phone as a text message so that you could answer with out having to take your phone of the cradle to text if that makes any sense

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
You can text while it's docked...you don't need an app...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, an app like that would be awesome... i bet it's difficult to create something like that with Apple's app store restrictions though. Although i can't imagine it would be out-of-reach for jailbroken phones.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I know you can text while your docked but what i mean is when you have it in a docking station it is a pain and i would like a screen to pop up on the computer so you don't have to try and type with it in the station or or undock it. I don't see why the app store would restrict someone from creating an app like that but who knows.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, the the frst problem i see is it would either have to be an "always on" app (which is not allowed), or something you would have to turn on each time before you dock it.