Texting Multiple People at Once

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2007
Today for thanksgiving i went to try and send my holiday greetings and realized that i cant send to multiple people the same message. Am i just missing it or does the sms on our phones not allow us to do it?

thanks in advance for the answers

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Welcome to the forums and Happy Thanksgiving :D

Unfortunately, our phones are incapable of sending mass SMS at this time. The option may be included in future updates, but no one but Apple knows for sure.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i had the same issue to i only sent it to my closest 15 people as for the others too bad... sorry maybe with updates we can do this .. still sucked to have to type the same thing 15 times!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
yes i had the same issue to i only sent it to my closest 15 people as for the others too bad... sorry maybe with updates we can do this .. still sucked to have to type the same thing 15 times!
right. The only thing worse than typing the same message fifteen times is receiving the same message fifteen times from different "friends". When you care just enough to text "happy thanksgiving" don't bother.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Hmm maybe a dump question but i'm still learning about iPhones
is there copy and paste feature in the iPhone ? so we can at least copy the text ?! and resend it?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
There IS a way!

I posted this a long time ago. There IS a way to send SMS to groups of people. But you can't set it up on the iPhone. You have to set up a group in your address book on your Mac. Then that group will show up at the top of your address book when you add a recipient.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I posted this a long time ago. There IS a way to send SMS to groups of people. But you can't set it up on the iPhone. You have to set up a group in your address book on your Mac. Then that group will show up at the top of your address book when you add a recipient.
Rob,

I recall your previous post. If memory serves, you didn't actually try to text multiple people at one time. I believe you still haven't, because your method plainly does not work. It's true that "groups" will appear at the top when you go to add a recipient, but selecting it only brings up the individual contacts within the group. From there, you can only select one contact to send text to. Why not try it before you post the same incorrect information for a third time?

Nov 22, 2007
Rob,

I recall your previous post. If memory serves, you didn't actually try to text multiple people at one time. I believe you still haven't, because your method plainly does not work. It's true that "groups" will appear at the top when you go to add a recipient, but selecting it only brings up the individual contacts within the group. From there, you can only select one contact to send text to. Why not try it before you post the same incorrect information for a third time?
that guy just got owned big time! Another question is there a way to forward messages?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Rob,

You know, you are right. I never recalled anyone correcting me last time. I appreciate the kind manner in which you managed to bring it up this time.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Today for thanksgiving i went to try and send my holiday greetings and realized that i cant send to multiple people the same message. Am i just missing it or does the sms on our phones not allow us to do it?

thanks in advance for the answers
There is a site that is iPhone friendly that will allow you to send the same message to multiple people. The major draw back is that although you put a "from" line in the text message, it shows that the message came from 1 (010) 100-026 or some other number and the people you are sending to cannot reply to you. But if you word your message to direct them on how to properly reply using your actual name/number, etc.. then this site may work for things such as blasting out a global Thanksgiving Hello.

http://sms.dynadel.com/

Click the @ sign by the "To" line and you can enter all your folk into the address book, then just select the ones you want to send to. Leave the Carrier as -USA- since you will set the individual carriers in the address book and type your message. Just remember to put (Please do not reply to this text message, I will not get the reply. Send any responses to my regular phone) or something like that, probably a lot shorter in length otherwise that is all they will get, LOL.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Seems they left out a couple basic things from the SMS. The one that really bugs me is that I can't resend a text! What's up with that? Unless I can and the option has been hiding from me, which I doubt.

Sep 29, 2007
that guy just got owned big time! Another question is there a way to forward messages?
There is no way to forward yet but there is an application that will have it supposably in the next week. weTool announced that it will have SMS forwarding on its next update. weTool is what I beilve the best single SMS and Call History deleting application out there. It has an amazing look and has great transactions.

I am not sure if it is up on installer app yet but I had to add a source to be able to install it. A simple google does it all.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
A way to forwards texts and text multiple people at once is coming soon in the software "weTool". It's on their list of planned updates. Here's a thread about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

zed310

Dec 2, 2009
Send multiple SMS messages

You can SMS multiple people on the iPhone.
After you add a recipient press the To: and then add another.

Status
Not open for further replies.