Texting on iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by dinosaur1, Jun 2, 2012.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

Why does it take 5-6 times for iMessage to pop up? My 3G & wifi connections are very strong.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Have you tried a reboot / hard reset?

To do a hard reset, hold down the power and home button until it reboots. You'll see Apple logo pop up, then you can let go.

I'll tell you I've had this issue before. Sometimes the connection may not be exactly what it says it is.

3. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

yep countless times.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm assuming since it does come up, just takes awhile, that iMessage is activated. Have you tried to restore? Are you Jailbroken? In the past week I have answered a few texting issues and all of them were resolved by fixing a setting in an app or tweak they got from Cydia.

Also maybe try resetting your network settings.

5. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

not jail broken. I can try a restore.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Before you do that, I'm reading online to try and toggle iMessage off and back on to see if it fixes the issue.

Also I read that depending on how the receiver has it set up to receive their iMessage, for instance an email or their phone number, this will affect you sending them iMessage as well.

Be sure to backup your device first if you do restore. Is it an iPhone or iPad?

7. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

these are all phone numbers. It almost wants me to type the name, allow it to go green, erase it, type the name again and then pull up when it turns blue.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's very strange. I would try a restore just to see if that helps. If not, then there is an underlying issue possibly. And you said you're not jailbroken, which makes it even stranger. Have you tried resetting all settings?

9. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

I'll try a full reset.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No matter what you try to do, always remember to have a backup in iTunes. :)