Texting on iMessage

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Why does it take 5-6 times for iMessage to pop up? My 3G & wifi connections are very strong.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Why does it take 5-6 times for iMessage to pop up? My 3G & wifi connections are very strong.
Have you tried a reboot / hard reset?

To do a hard reset, hold down the power and home button until it reboots. You'll see Apple logo pop up, then you can let go.

I'll tell you I've had this issue before. Sometimes the connection may not be exactly what it says it is.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Have you tried a reboot / hard reset?

To do a hard reset, hold down the power and home button until it reboots. You'll see Apple logo pop up, then you can let go.

I'll tell you I've had this issue before. Sometimes the connection may not be exactly what it says it is.
yep countless times.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
yep countless times.
I'm assuming since it does come up, just takes awhile, that iMessage is activated. Have you tried to restore? Are you Jailbroken? In the past week I have answered a few texting issues and all of them were resolved by fixing a setting in an app or tweak they got from Cydia.

Also maybe try resetting your network settings.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
I'm assuming since it does come up, just takes awhile, that iMessage is activated. Have you tried to restore? Are you Jailbroken? In the past week I have answered a few texting issues and all of them were resolved by fixing a setting in an app or tweak they got from Cydia.

Also maybe try resetting your network settings.
not jail broken. I can try a restore.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
not jail broken. I can try a restore.
Before you do that, I'm reading online to try and toggle iMessage off and back on to see if it fixes the issue.

Also I read that depending on how the receiver has it set up to receive their iMessage, for instance an email or their phone number, this will affect you sending them iMessage as well.

Be sure to backup your device first if you do restore. Is it an iPhone or iPad?

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Before you do that, I'm reading online to try and toggle iMessage off and back on to see if it fixes the issue.

Also I read that depending on how the receiver has it set up to receive their iMessage, for instance an email or their phone number, this will affect you sending them iMessage as well.
these are all phone numbers. It almost wants me to type the name, allow it to go green, erase it, type the name again and then pull up when it turns blue.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
these are all phone numbers. It almost wants me to type the name, allow it to go green, erase it, type the name again and then pull up when it turns blue.
That's very strange. I would try a restore just to see if that helps. If not, then there is an underlying issue possibly. And you said you're not jailbroken, which makes it even stranger. Have you tried resetting all settings?

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
That's very strange. I would try a restore just to see if that helps. If not, then there is an underlying issue possibly. And you said you're not jailbroken, which makes it even stranger. Have you tried resetting all settings?
I'll try a full reset.