Texts not sending on 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Superevangelist, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Superevangelist

Bronze

Don't have a clue what's going on, but for the last 4-5 days my texts (not iMessages) haven't been going through until I've tried several times. Any ideas on a fix?

2. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Under messages in settings, try turning on sending as SMS. It is off by default. If there is a problem with iMessaging, that will allow it to go out as a regular (green) text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Superevangelist

Bronze

I'm not having issues with iMessage but rather when it's an SMS. That's not working. Are you thinking the issue might actually be with iMessage?

4. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Are you texting a number which previously had iMessage active (such as switching from iPhone to android)?

Do you have iMessage off? When it is on, and you text another iPhone, iMessage will attempt that mode (blue) before switching to SMS (green). If you are starting off with SMS, could be your carrier as SMS has difficulty in poor coverage areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Superevangelist

Bronze

I'm texting people who have and have always had Android. iMessage is on. I'm going to assume it's not iMessage, I'm very familiar with its operation. Could be carrier, but I've lived in the same location for 3 years with no previous issues.

I'm not familiar with any carrier issues in my area but that could be it.