Thank you to a fellow member!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
I just wanted to thank a fellow member on the forum. He took the time to help fix my phone. Thanks @enigmanic ! I do thank everybody else for helping as well. This guy went above and beyond and I'm super ecstatic that my phone is now working again, version 1.1.1 and unlocked! So now I have two iPhones. I'm wondering if I should return my 1.1.2 phone, or sell the 1.1.1. What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I just wanted to thank a fellow member on the forum. He took the time to help fix my phone. Thanks @enigmanic ! I do thank everybody else for helping as well. This guy went above and beyond and I'm super ecstatic that my phone is now working again, version 1.1.1 and unlocked! So now I have two iPhones. I'm wondering if I should return my 1.1.2 phone, or sell the 1.1.1. What should I do?
Hahaha glad it finally got all worked out!

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Hahaha glad it finally got all worked out!
yes tell me about it. I think I might save myself a headache, return the new one and use the unlocked 1.1.1. So I lose $39, but I gained experience/knowledge and some new friends. So who says 1.1.1 or keep the new phone?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
You're very welcome. Although "he" is actually a "she". :p

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You know something...I was thinking about that last night when I posted and I knew that I should have put "he/she" helped. LOL. Thanks! :laugh2:
Thank you for taking the time to post a thank you to her. There are a lot of very helpful people on this forum and it is nice to see people thanking them for their time and assistance. I am glad she was able to help you. Now I am jealous because you have not one, but two of these great phones. I personally would keep the 1.1.2 phone and sell the older one.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to post a thank you to her. There are a lot of very helpful people on this forum and it is nice to see people thanking them for their time and assistance. I am glad she was able to help you. Now I am jealous because you have not one, but two of these great phones. I personally would keep the 1.1.2 phone and sell the older one.

I don't mind posting thanks and giving credit when credit is due. I will admit, this site has been one of the most helpful sites around that I have been at! So I'm proud to be a member. I thank anybody that is willing to help out, especially when they go that far as to walk you through it all! :laugh2:

So you think I should stick with 1.1.2? Any reason for keeping that one?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't mind posting thanks and giving credit when credit is due. I will admit, this site has been one of the most helpful sites around that I have been at! So I'm proud to be a member. I thank anybody that is willing to help out, especially when they go that far as to walk you through it all! :laugh2:

So you think I should stick with 1.1.2? Any reason for keeping that one?
I would go with the latest and newest always unless there is a major difference between the two, such as the earlier one is jailbroken and the later one is not. Keeping the older one in that case would save you from having to downgrade, jailbreak, etc..
You didn't mention how old the 1.1.1 is but if you only take one thing into consideration, the battery, keeping the newer phone could give you several months of battery life more than the older phone as they wear down over time. If you just got both phones within a month of each other then it wont really matter and I would go with the one that has no nicks, scratches, etc..

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
I would go with the latest and newest always unless there is a major difference between the two, such as the earlier one is jailbroken and the later one is not. Keeping the older one in that case would save you from having to downgrade, jailbreak, etc..
You didn't mention how old the 1.1.1 is but if you only take one thing into consideration, the battery, keeping the newer phone could give you several months of battery life more than the older phone as they wear down over time. If you just got both phones within a month of each other then it wont really matter and I would go with the one that has no nicks, scratches, etc..
Well, my older one was the 1.0.2! I got it about 4 days after the price drop, to give you a rough idea of how long I had it. Both phones are in mint condition! As if you would have just taken it out of the box!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Well, my older one was the 1.0.2! I got it about 4 days after the price drop, to give you a rough idea of how long I had it. Both phones are in mint condition! As if you would have just taken it out of the box!
Given the age of the first phone then I would keep the newer one, especially since it appears that you keep your equipment in great condition. You can sell it and include a note/pictures about it being in new condition. Just saving you from having to send the phone in for a battery replacement 6 months earlier than the newer phone would be a deciding factor for me and I would keep the newest phone.
One other thing that you can do is put them side by side, check every corner of the devices, every pixel, the sound quality, etc.. and whichever looks the greatest to you keep that one.
Either way, congrats on getting the phone working again.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Given the age of the first phone then I would keep the newer one, especially since it appears that you keep your equipment in great condition. You can sell it and include a note/pictures about it being in new condition. Just saving you from having to send the phone in for a battery replacement 6 months earlier than the newer phone would be a deciding factor for me and I would keep the newest phone.
One other thing that you can do is put them side by side, check every corner of the devices, every pixel, the sound quality, etc.. and whichever looks the greatest to you keep that one.
Either way, congrats on getting the phone working again.
It would make it so much easier to just return the new one though! LOL. Hey, I would love to sell the phone. So I guess I will post on Ebay and see what happens. If nobody buys it, then I guess I will return the new one. That's guaranteed money right there! LOL. You can't see a difference in the two, that's how great condition both are.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
just send me the link when you get it up...
I really don't want to put it up on Ebay to be honest. I would rather just find somebody on here that wants to buy it. LOL.

It looks like the average price on Ebay is $450-$600. I am willing to let it go for $450. Free shipping to the greater 48 states. I have everything for it, and the box. The phone is in mint condition as described.

If you want it, great! I have the phone with me at work because I was going to get it weighed because I was going to ship it to England before I got it fixed.

Let me know. I accept PayPal. Like I said, I really don't want to put it up on Ebay if I don't have to.

Thanks