Thank You V1 SIM unlockers...

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Hate to be a spoil sport...

But - because of the folks that 'had' to unlock their V1 iPhone and take them to another carrier - I had to wait in line for a new iPhone for over 5 hours (two separate tries) and still walk away without an new iPhone.

Last year the Apple store swiped your credit card and sent you on your way. This year they had to activate every single phone - about 30 minutes per person at the Apple Store in Santa Monica, CA.

Thanks a lot guys...

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007

But - because of the folks that 'had' to unlock their V1 iPhone and take them to another carrier - I had to wait in line for a new iPhone for over 5 hours (two separate tries) and still walk away without an new iPhone.

Last year the Apple store swiped your credit card and sent you on your way. This year they had to activate every single phone - about 30 minutes per person at the Apple Store in Santa Monica, CA.

Thanks a lot guys...
No one forced you to wait in line. Just be patient and wait a couple of days.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
little bob- You are right although you are wrong.

Yes, he wasn't forced to wait

No, because he's right. Because of the in store activations, it took a lot longer because of those unlockers.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
little bob- You are right although you are wrong.

Yes, he wasn't forced to wait

No, because he's right. Because of the in store activations, it took a lot longer because of those unlockers.
I'm not wrong at all. I never said that they didn't cause the longer waits. I said that he had the choice to stand in line or to wait a day or two.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Well I stepped in at 8 and walked out at 8:13 with my new 16Gig white iPhone. The best thing is I arrived at 6:00 to wait and I was second in line. Again for the second year in a row no problems with the ATT store I went to .

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks a lot guys...
No offense, but you should be thanking us for initially paying $600 for the first iPhone and allowing Apple to make a new version. Without us buying the first iPhone at such a ridiculous price, there would be no iPhone 2.0. We, as a collective whole, also asked Apple for the apps that are now available to you new iPhone 2.0 users when we didn't have them for a year. We also endured a price drop weeks after the initial launch with no warning at all, and you're complaining about waiting in line for a few hours when many of us did the same thing exactly 1 year ago? Really? Wow...

But if it means that much to you, you're welcome.

Mar 11, 2008
don't blame "unlockers" because you CHOSE to wait in line to get the new iPhone. Blame Apple for locking the phone in the first place, and for giving the abysmal AT&T service exclusive rights.

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
No offense, but you should be thanking us for initially paying $600 for the first iPhone and allowing Apple to make a new version. Without us buying the first iPhone at such a ridiculous price, there would be no iPhone 2.0. We, as a collective whole, also asked Apple for the apps that are now available to you new iPhone 2.0 users when we didn't have them for a year. We also endured a price drop weeks after the initial launch with no warning at all, and you're complaining about waiting in line for a few hours when many of us did the same thing exactly 1 year ago? Really? Wow...

But if it means that much to you, you're welcome.
I was actually in line last year on iDay 1 - but only for 2 hours - not 10 hours like I did this year. I also paid $600 and suffered the same price drop. I jailbroke my phone and participated in all the fun. I was specifically complaining about the folks that cracked the sim and brought it to other carriers - thus creating a situation in which ATT and Apple felt like they had to activate phones in the store - thus creating 10 hour+ wait times...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I'm not wrong at all. I never said that they didn't cause the longer waits. I said that he had the choice to stand in line or to wait a day or two.
Hmm...thats true. I take back what I said btw. I just went and re-read the thread and it doesn't make any sense what I wrote...

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I was actually in line last year on iDay 1 - but only for 2 hours - not 10 hours like I did this year. I also paid $600 and suffered the same price drop. I jailbroke my phone and participated in all the fun. I was specifically complaining about the folks that cracked the sim and brought it to other carriers - thus creating a situation in which ATT and Apple felt like they had to activate phones in the store - thus creating 10 hour+ wait times...
once again, no one made you wait in line again this year. If it was really that important, maybe you should have camped out for 2 days, been #1 in line and you wouldn't have had to wait 10hrs in line, just 2 days of absolute boredom. Better yet, you should have just walked into an AT&T store over the weekend, and did a direct fulfillment order. I am checking the ones before mine online, and people that ordered theirs on the 15 and 16 have already shipped and arrived at stores on the 18th. I have no idea what model they got, but they received in 2-3 days which beats waiting 10hrs+ in line.