The 12/21/2012 Thread

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'd like you guys to share your thoughts on this topic. Not a lot of people are talking about it yet, but a lot are. As the date gets closer and closer, we're going to see a LOT more talk about it.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just Google "December 21, 2012" or see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

What do you think will happen? Will it really be the end of the world? Is it our "doomsday?"

Personally, I'm not too worried about it as I'm more of a man-of-science than of religion, prophecies, etc. I do think what we will see a plenty of cult suicides, similar to those of Heavens Gate, etc.

Thoughts, opinions?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, the Aztecs didn't forsee their own demise, so why should we think they know when everyobody else's is?

Besides, the world would never end on a Friday. Why waste a weekend?

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
at least i get to have my bday before we die!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Well, the Aztecs didn't forsee their own demise, so why should we think they know when everyobody else's is?
Great point, Dave. You definitely need to take this all with a grain of salt. However, there are some astronomers and physicists that describe a certain tilt of the axis and us passing over some galaxy for the first time or whatever. I forget the specifics, but there are numerous History Channel/Discovery Channel programs on it.

So perhaps it's not ALL about the calendars...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Great point, Dave. You definitely need to take this all with a grain of salt. However, there are some astronomers and physicists that describe a certain tilt of the axis and us passing over some galaxy for the first time or whatever. I forget the specifics, but there are numerous History Channel/Discovery Channel programs on it.

Are you talking about the photon cloud?

http://www.hadesbasenews.com/cloud.htm

Or should I call it the nutcase cloud?

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
just another hump day.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Sounds more like astrology than astronomy.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm not too worried either because religion, at least Islam, doesn't even say when the end of the world is going to be. So that's just pure bull.