The 2013-14 NFL Thread

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Is it actual turf or new grass? I'm just wondering how RGIII will feel when DeMarcus Ware slams him down. Is it going to be soft, hard like concrete?

maybe I'm just falling back into the same ole trap. I actually feel good about the Cowboys this coming season, provided Romo is healthy. Getting Sean Lee back will be huge as will Bruce Carter. Gotta love lining those guys up behind Ware and Spencer in a 4-3 alignment. You could definitely see a huge dropoff when they were lost. The switch to a 4-3 should force teams to run the ball more and hopefully hide the weakness at safety. Randle was a great late draft pickup and will be an improvement over Felix Jones when (not if) Murray gets hurt. As for the Cowboys perpetual problem area, the offensive line, can't say I'm too confident. But surely it can't get any worse.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The Redskins could have won that game with Quincy Carter playing quarterback. Just keep handing the ball to that running back and watch him bowl over everyone. RG3 didn't really help or hurt them in that one.
I usually don't talk too much crap, but a rookie quarterback with a bad knee led his team in the last game of the season. Sure, the Redskins had Morris, but you guys had Romo.

Oh, wait...

Just a little ribbing.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I usually don't talk too much crap, but a rookie quarterback with a bad knee led his team in the last game of the season. Sure, the Redskins had Morris, but you guys had Romo.

Oh, wait...

Just a little ribbing.

Oh I'm not taking anything away from him, just saying they didn't need him and he really didn't do anything to change that game. It was all Morris. They could have won without him and not risked further damage to his knee.
As for Romo...ugh. I'm not one of those that just hates him. They would be much worse without him, that's for sure. But plays like the one that cost them that game are going to define his career. Great talent but seems to fold in clutch situations. It would help if he had a offensive line to give him just a little bit more time to think things through and make better reads instead of always having to make decisions while running for his life. But still, THROW THE DANG BALL OUT OF BOUNDS.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I love ya, RGIII, but you really need to shut the hell up.
"I can’t B.S. that answer. No. I don’t like it, and there’s some part of it that I do understand,” Griffin said. “I don’t understand all of it, but [Shanahan] gave me his word. We talked about it. I know the plan. I’m not telling the whole plan because he doesn’t want the whole plan known. I understand that as well. But I don’t understand the whole plan at all. I can’t lie about that. When you give your word to somebody, that’s all you have, so I’m just banking that they’re gonna stay true to their word and I’m staying true to mine. I’m doing everything that they ask me to do without any gripes. I mean, other than with you guys – and that’s the way you’ve got to do it.”....RGIII

I like that in a football player. He wants the ball. This kid is good as gold. Great player, good attitude. Shanahan is old dog, he doesn't mind barking like this.

You make it sound as if you've got T.O. on your team.