The 5S processor.. Is it really faster?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I have purchased the 5S and have tested the alleged speed against my wife's I5 and there doesn't seem to be much difference. I have done the safari test with both having similar results. Not as many hiccups between apps, but it just doesn't seem right. Is there any way to check to make sure the processor is running efficiently? Could my restoration to my old I5 data when I connected to iTunes cause this lag? I guess I am confused b/c I thought this phone would cruise a bit faster. Of course, it says a lot about the I5 and it's processor. Thoughts?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have purchased the 5S and have tested the alleged speed against my wife's I5 and there doesn't seem to be much difference. I have done the safari test with both having similar results. Not as many hiccups between apps, but it just doesn't seem right. Is there any way to check to make sure the processor is running efficiently? Could my restoration to my old I5 data when I connected to iTunes cause this lag? I guess I am confused b/c I thought this phone would cruise a bit faster. Of course, it says a lot about the I5 and it's processor. Thoughts?
There isn't any noticeable difference between the two with most apps. You might notice a slight difference with graphically-intense games.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Yeah, that's what I've been reading. Not a big gamer, but like I said, seems to be less "hiccups" or "lag" going between apps. I am pleased with the battery life. My I5 never made a smooth transition to ios 7 battery consumption. 6 hours of use at best.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On a related note, there's intention lag (animations) on iOS 7. There is no setting to completely disable them on a stock iPhone (reducing animations doesn't disable them), but you can do it with jailbreak tweak. You can switch between apps instantaneously and see how fast the processor really is after doing this.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I'll have to look into the jailbreak.. It still is very smooth regardless. I just want to make sure I am getting the most out is my phone..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The iPhone has been smooth since 2007. It's never been jerky. It's just that we have to wait on the phone while it does these needless animations unless we jailbreak and disable them.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I do notice a difference from the 4S I gave my daughter my last iPhone I took an Android ride and came back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
And I notice is faster than the note 2 and the Htc one hands down,the screen size I'm finally used to and I stopped swiping lol I love both BUT ios apps are way better and I just have a preference to iPhone/iPad it just works for years vs just two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk