The answer to all of your touchscreen or locked iPhone, don't panic!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ant76ers

Jun 28, 2007
Many have problems with the lock on the iPhone, don't panic :sick: n don't drive 3000 miles to an Apple store :( ..Its easy and simple....Its just like an iPod, hold on unlock button on the top of the phone then the home button also similar to the ipod....now hold down the the buttons for like 20-30 seconds...depending on how much storage u have it may take a minute...the the famous Apple logo will appear....your almost their :) ....just let it think...and their u go safe at home!:cool:

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I might be wrong, but I don't think you have to hold down the home button. Just hold down the lock button. The "turn off" screen will show up, but ignore it. Keep holding. Then eventually you will be greeted with the Apple icon.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
While my Google Maps crashes just about every time I use it, my phone is pretty stable. I would have had to reset my Q at least once already due to a lock-up... then when rebooting it sometimes locks up... so, no matter how I slice it my iPhone is more stable than my old Moto Q. :D

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
You need to use both buttons. The process with holding down both home and power on buttons worked for me the one time that my iPhone has locked up. It took about 15 seconds until the Apple logo showed up.

qlock

Jul 2, 2007
I might be wrong, but I don't think you have to hold down the home button. Just hold down the lock button. The "turn off" screen will show up, but ignore it. Keep holding. Then eventually you will be greeted with the Apple icon.
Holding down the sleep/wake button only cycles the phone, while pressing the home key with the sleep/wake resets the device.

Jul 1, 2007
That's correct. You have to hold the sleep/wake button at the same time as the home button to reset the iPhone. It's like how you would reset an iPod.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
While my Google Maps crashes just about every time I use it, my phone is pretty stable. I would have had to reset my Q at least once already due to a lock-up... then when rebooting it sometimes locks up... so, no matter how I slice it my iPhone is more stable than my old Moto Q. :D
Google Maps is extremely stable for me so far.